LifesNotOver - Part Three

by LifesNotOver 4 Replies latest jw friends

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

I just lost another long post - husband walked in! This is very frustrating, but not your problem, it's mine!

I was writing about how I was non-religious my entire life until my mid-fifties when I was nabbed! Thought I had a good head on my shoulders, but goes to show you anyone can be indoctrinated I guess. I was too trusting, and was very lonely and depressed and fell for the whole loving "friends" and "family" line, well, hook line and sinker. I was barely in and already starting to doubt, certainly wasn't happy. I hated service, I hated having to comment at meetings, I used to love to read but quckly lost interest in reading the prescribed literature, never felt like I really belonged, the instant friends and family quickly faded away once I was baptized it seemed - okay, good, we got ourselves another sucker now let's get on with our own lives and if she has a beef, let's make her feel like it's her own fault, she's not spiritual enough. Now I'm starting to sound bitter, right?

My husband had been in the truth before I met him in the early 90's. It sounded like he'd never want to go back he had so many beefs, so I felt safe in marrying him. Little did I know how much of the JW thinking was still in him. When I expressed interest in finding spirituality (you know what I mean?) he suggested why don't I go to a meeting with him at the local Kingdom Hall. Next thing I knew, we were being studied with, and he was accepted back and I went along with it and was baptized 9 months later. That was 17 years ago. I've been miserable with feelings of guilt and never being good enough ever since. I never was one who took well to being told what to do, especially when it made no sense to me, and being told I had to think and feel and act this certain way or God wouldn't be pleased with me and he would kill me at Armageddon - well, I had a lot of issues with a lot of issues.

I should send this before I'm interrupted again. Thanks for reading! More to come ... you lucky people! LifesNotOver Never was a good little !!

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

Good to hear you've woken up and welcome to the forum. Do you think your husband would listen to ttatt? You know him better than anyone but you mention he had many issues the last time he was in 'the truth'.

It would be great if you could escape together.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Hello LNO, I've read your posts and want to say you're not bitter at all. Maybe just a realist. It's the way of cults to make those that don't (can"t) measure up to the group feel less than. You're not less than. You come across as an enlightened grown woman in a tough situation. My best to you.

• notalone
    notalone

I have some advise on losing a post, at my husband's suggestion I write my longer posts in word then transfer them.

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

notalone - I have sent you a pm. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit