I Just sent a letter to the editor of a national newspaper .

by smiddy3 4 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wonder if it will be published ? I asked when would those responsible name and shame those institutions that have refused to join the redress scheme and if it was a one off event or are they going to continue to do so.

That was the gist of the message .It was to the Herald Sun newspaper printed in Victoria and distributed nation wide.Australia.Their are about 5 institutions that have refused to sign up ,4 of them are very small institutions and the Jehovah`s Witnesses are by far the largest body refusing to join.

Those of you in Australia keep your eyes peeled to the Herald Sun to see if it gets published or not.

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

Why not? Let's hope....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If it gets published, or better still if they do an Article on those not signing up, stick it on Social Media please.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`ll do what I can Phizzy .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Under new arrangements, institutions now have until 31 December 2020 to join the Scheme. The extended timeframe recognises the changed capacity of some institutions during the coronavirus pandemic. To provide some certainty to applicants, institutions named in the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (Royal Commission) and/or in an application were asked to provide a written statement outlining their intention to join the Scheme by 30 June 2020.

Sorry Phizzy i`m not a big fan of social media.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit