Elders as Parasites!--You Can't Blame EXJW's!

by Atlantis 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

No, you can not blame EXJW's for that statement, and the 4 members of this family didn't say it either.

It was your governing body, the president of your Watchtower Society that said that.

as well as upon the Egyptians; which means that in
    order for a professed Christian to be pleasing and acceptable
    to the Lord
    such must be separate from the
    world and clean; hence the cleansing of God’s sanctuary
    is involved and includes the removing of the
    “elective elders” as parasites, and which must take
    place before God’s organization is entirely clean
    ."

See last paragraph.

https://docdro.id/7LD8QyF

Petra!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Ah, I can see how they'll spin it. Lord/God = football/money/whiskey/property building empire.

New Kingdom Melody?

De Do Do Do De Da Da Da

I'm just putting together a YouTube on why 1914 is wrong using only their silly arithmetic (ie no dates). There is one bit in the Daniel book where they use the word 'critics' of the Bible and when you read it right, you realize they mean themselves!

Don't know if I'll get that into the video because I'm just dealing with their maths. But if I can I will.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Anna:

Thank you! Hope it works out the way you want it.

Petra!

• cofty
    cofty

'Elective Elders' were a favourite topic of Judge Rutherford. It was not elders he objected to, it was the right of local congregations (or companies) to appoint their own elders by voting them into office.

Rutherford wanted full control of congregations in a way that contrasted with Russell's more laissez faire style of leadership.

Rutherford even found antitypes in obscure Old Testament prophecies that apparently foreshadowed the 'power-hungry men' that were the target of his ire. He wrote a whole book on it in which he fulminated page after page. It was reading those sort of books that convinced me the organisation was no different from any other dysfunctional corporation - in fact it was worse than most.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cofty:

Since Rutherford wanted full control to run the show, then he was pretty much encouraging and promoting a "cult" wouldn't you say Cofty?

Petra!

• cofty
    cofty

Yes absolutely.

In fact I think Russell began to move in that direction towards the end of his life.

Rutherford was a power-hungry and abusive tyrant. Having read many of his books I think we can also say he was not very intelligent.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cofty:

Grandpa Atlantis said, that Rutherford called himself an "ass" in one of the Watchtowers. Doesn't that make those who follow his policies an ass too?

Petra!

• cofty
    cofty

I think it's difficult from our perspective to grasp just how divisive Rutherford was. The Bible Students who left the organisation because of the radical changes he enforced were branded as 'The Evil slave Class'.

I remember old JWs back in the 70s reminiscing about how traumatic it all was. Occasionally I would meet elderly people when going door-to-door who had left the religion in that period. Of course some groups who follow Russell still exist.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cofty:

Thanks for all the info! Your are a treasure!

Petra!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit