Question for those still attending the Kingdom Hall

by ToesUp 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This a question more out of curiosity, because we have not stepped foot in a KH in 3 years.

How is the attendance at the meetings/assemblies? I know the answer will vary due to location.

Are you (especially Elders) receiving any notification or communication from Bethel or CO's that there is an upsurge of people that are simply disappearing or out right dis associating?

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback!

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi
    This past summer convention we usually had attendance of 13k+, last year it was 8k, not sure if it was due to people sent elsewhere but it was very noticeable, only a limited english Regional conventions at this location I believe only 4-5 weekends, past would be 8-10 weekends
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    The throngs are definitely diminishing. Within the next 3 years I think it will really be noticeable. The ARC findings as we speak are causing many to pack their bags. It will take time for this to have its full impact.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

I'd like to know the answer to that also. After all, in just the last 25 days there have been 95 new ones registered at this site. That doesn't count lurkers....................things are not as they seem in JEHOVAH'S WITNESS LAND!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Good stuff. Thanks for replying everyone. Hopefully more will give feedback in their area(s).
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    Not a big drop in attendance but the people don't give an answer and look asleep since the CLAM started. It's so boring.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Our local KH attendance has been consistent for a long time now. Not great but steady. Our circuit assembly is always packed. The issue is that most of the elders at our hall are old though. In 20 years most of them will be dead.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Most jws are desperate, desperately broke and no hope except of a new system. No friends out side the Borg so really nowhere to go. They hang on out of this desperation and so people don't leave in huge numbers like we would hope. Its the trickle effect, new ones leave after seeing the love bomb where off. Kids leave that are driven, the non driven stay. People who are treated badly also leave.

I think times will get rougher for the Borg and theyll make adjustments to try to stop the loses but in the end it will make it worse. Their doing some of this now but reality of the world is waking up even the stupid ones. Evolution was proven a fact back in 2004 so people are leaving religion in mass.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Keep em coming. Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

In my congregation I believe there are 52 publishers give or take a few. During the weekly meeting perhaps half of that number show up, yes half. Weekend meeting averages about 85. People love Sunday church!

The hall can easily seat 130 so yeah even before I became very irregular I noticed the sharp decline.

The few times I've visited on the weekend I can't recognize half the people. So who knows if they are asking other congos to make it look more impressive. Sounds far-fetched but it is the WT we are dealing with here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit