sage. Still, some brothers might
    decide not to have a beard.
    (1 Cor. 8:9) In other cultures
    and localities, beards are not
    considered acceptable for Chris-
    tian ministers.—w16.09, p. 21."
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

"Are not considered acceptable" - passive voice. Not considered acceptable by who? And why?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

1 Corinthians 8:9...."But keep watching that your right to choose does not somehow become a stumbling block to those who are weak."

The scripture above that is quoted has nothing to do with beards. If you don't follow the WT rules, you may stumble someone.

There is no scripture that says wearing a beard in wrong or not Christian. This is a JW rule, nothing else. Legalism at it's best. Once again WT makes its own rules.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

So when they knock on the door, just tell them you don't trust anything a clean shaven man dressed as a salesman has to say about Jehovah (slam!) That will create a cognitive dissonance if enough people tell them that, until they start to think that their clean-shavenness is detracting from the message.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It looks like the answer is still: no!

It's amazing how roundabout and indirect they can prohibit something without actually saying it.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Hey neat blue dog!

It offers absolutely nothing new.

It offers nothing new, but everything new....

What's notable is that, under the heading 'Do You Remember?', out of the last six months or so of Watchtowers, the governing body believe that this warrants to be one of the ten main points discussed in the Watchtower.

link to scan

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Beards mentioned again in magazine!

If your worried about other peoples facial hair..

You have way too much time on your hands and No Life..

If you need permission to grow a beard..

You should probably move out of your moms basement..

Image result for living in your mom's basement

• Spiral
    Spiral

That's the most profound non-answer that I've ever read. What are they saying..... yes, but no, but yes, but [you can infer this] we will look down on you for having one. sheesh

• skin
    skin

One of our local elders was interviewed by the co at a recent assemble, he was asked, "what changes did you make when you made the truth your own". His answer, "After praying to Jehovah, and reading the Bible daily, I realized i had to slave off my beard".

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I realized i had to slave off my beard".
    Interesting. What does "slaving off" a beard mean? = P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit