Do U Detest JWs.

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW - I didn't know Vladimir Putin was a JW now .....Punkofnice

Image result for putin on the ritz............https://media2.giphy.com/media/lPLunVV0YC6iY/200_s.gif

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I more than detest anyone of them that think shunning is "love" or defend the bOrg's position on sex abuse. Put it this way, I would never try save one in a life threatening situation, even if I knew there would be no risk to myself in doing so.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I just think people can change, we have. Some on here have left the borg after fifty or sixty years and changed their life beyond recognition. They are accepting of gay people, people with other beliefs, sex before marriage, evolution. Who knew people could change so much. I worry that if I let myself hate too much, one day a relative of mine might wake up and make contact and I might blow them off because I'm so consumed with rage at their past treatment. That's not to say that I don't get angry at the religion and what it did to my life and what it's doing to young children now.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Those that say ''it wasn't the Organization that was wrong. It was the WT's that put too much thought into something and it didn't come about.''

I can't stand those kind of people. Such blatant hypocrisy.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Being as I am a long-time "fader" and am not around them, I don't feel the acute hatred that some feel, although I don't blame people for feeling that way.

However.....The religion caused a lot of misery to many and it is filled with hypocrisy! Many Witnesses (active and former) have benefited from this hypocrisy.

I don't have an ounce of pity for JWs.

• Sabin
    Sabin

We were all there at one time, we all went along with it even if it was in ignorance. Sometimes when I read or watch things about them I turn to my husband in absolute horror & ask if that was what I was like, he says no you weren't that is why you couldn't cope & had to get out.

So is it the JW'S that we hate so much or are we angry at ourselves because we went along as bystanders for a while in ignorance & it has left us with regret? Just a thought really.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Individually they are just people, like everyone else; however, the Watchtower leaders who were responsible for designing, engineering, and implementing the hypocritical framework of the cult, with all its destructive dogma and policies, from the beginning are the very most culpable. In particular, the engineers of the ban on blood transfusions (if I remember correctly, I think it was the work of Fred Franz and Hayden Covington), as well as the temporary bans on organ transplants, immunization/inoculations, and alternative military service (whoever were responsible for all of that). Those leaders should have been called to account and put on trial for their arrogant and licentious actions, which have caused untold misery and innumerable deaths.

And, of course, the biggest movers and shakers of the bunch, the prize charlatans themselves, Charles Taze Russell and his big bully successor, Franklin Rutherford. They were the ones who started up the whole thing from the beginning. Russell started up a new American cult under his name (“Russelites”), and Rutherford successfully changed the little whacky cult into a big-business organized “religion.” Both of those clowns happened to have the financial backing and legal expertise necessary to make it happen, otherwise the damn circus wouldn’t have been able to actually get off the ground.

So, yes sir, as for those men, I feel a pronounced sense of disgust and indignation – not just for exactly what doctrines and rules they made up and enforced, but for the degree in which they deliberately empowered themselves and set themselves up as “gods” to do it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NATHAN NATAS:

I would have to say you hit the nail on the head.

Yes, their continual reliance on Jehovah has made their spines atrophy. They relinquished their thinking ability and humanity and all that's left is an empty shell.

Also, I agree they are a cross between non-violent Quakers and fanatic terrorists: they won't kill you but will be glad when you're dead. Sadly, this about sums up the mentality of many JWs. They would never see this about themselves but would see it as "tough love".

To me, many seem more akin to the pod people in Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The empty smiles and false helpfulness mask an inhumanity underneath!

I wonder how many lurkers would admit this describes certain JWs.

I am just glad I'm out of that crazy house.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, because THIS:

[Edit: And what NN said, in his earlier comment.]

Years ago, there may have been the excuse of 'ignorance', but nowadays? NO FRICKIN' WAY!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SECRET SLAVE CLASS:

I understand JUST how you feel, even though some here may think it is harsh. Too bad!

I'm glad the JWs have no REAL authority! Some of them do not deserve the milk of human kindness for their arrogance and the misery they were responsible for, and they'd never get it from me.

Others, I would run in the opposite direction if I saw them in distress!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit