The wt has now changed Jesus definition of neighboor

by poopie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Jw's get caught up trying to define who qualifies as a neighbour. The argument is redundant.

Jesus taught that the Samaritan man who helped the beaten person was the true neighbour.

YOU should be the good neighbour. No one else can be judged as one or not. Its what YOU do to help anyone.

Sheesh! And i'm a full on atheist!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    In the "Elder's" final email he stated all our conversations were mentoring and counciling and based on the Bible. When my daughter who is in her early 20's read that line she said I would like to see that version of the Bible cause I surly do not remember the Bible that I read covering what you two discussed.
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Matthew 5:46
  • kepler
    kepler

NWT already has some notable edits on Luke, but one can imagine what chapter 10:29-37 might look like in the future.

MEMO to Writing Committee:

Fix this:

"But the man was anxious to justify himself and said to Jesus, 'And who is my neighbor?'

"... A man was once on his way down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell into the hands of bandits; they stripped him, beat him and then mae off, leaving him half dead. Now a priest happened to be travelling down the same road, but when he saw him he passed by on the other side. In the same way a Levite who came to the same place saw him and passed on the other side. But a Samaritan traveler who came on him was moved with compassion when he saw him. He went up to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them. He then lifted him onto his own mountand took him to an inn and looked after him...

"Which one of the three, do you think proved himself a neighbor to the man who fell into the bandits' hands?"

"[The man who posed the question] : 'The one who showed pity towards him.' Jesus said to him. 'Go and do the same."

-----

Scenarios:

1. 1st man, a JW correctly identifies no connection as brother or neighbor. End of parable.

2. 2nd man runs across 1st man and they later shake hands, carry publications door to door.

3. 3rd man discovers injured man was JW after all and acts accordingly. Both subsequently anoint themselves.

Will review.

Thanx.

GB

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I'm basically full on atheist now, but I do think some of Jesus teachings have some good ideas. The parable of the neighborly samaritan is one of them. It's a pretty simple lesson. Don't be prejudiced, be excellent to each other. That's what it means to be a neighbor. Honestly, if everyone did this, the world would be a better place.

The whole thing with most of Jesus teachings is that they were simple, yet effective. This is one of them. Any idiot can get the point. Why the hell does WT have to over explain this shit and try to qualify a bunch of stuff.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The WT is a evil organization, that's why I know there is no GOD. The world today is

moving on to a more benevolent society and the WT, taking two steps backward.

I'am so happy they received New light, otherwise I would still be cursed (a black man).

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Everything about Jesus is plain and simple.

When it comes to the Borg, everything is over complicated, 100 times over. With everything. Leads to anxiety and depression problems.

• Sabin
    Sabin

Interesting that Jesus specifically used the Samaritan man in that illustration as they were considered apostate's to the Jews. WOW it's another point JW idiots have completely missed. What a surprise. I have to confess I haven't read the article but it sounds to me as if they are looking for away to ease their consciences when it comes to their shunning policies. Everyone is your neighbour except those that have been involved with us & then worked out what a bunch of back stabbing, money grabbing, murdering, child abusing wankers we are. Those ones we give you full permission to treat like shit, & don't feel guilty about it even if they were abused as children by JW elders. What a joke. Excuse me while I run to the toilet.

• lanalonger
    lanalonger

In order to learn to better imitate Jesus, we discussed doing this with different groups, including those hostile to us, and responding positively if they were in need. "Show neighbor love when they are in need," was the 'guideline' given.. (paragraph 20) Always Show Love To Others was a subheading.

Fascinating that such positive material is being so thoroughly trashed, even by some who haven't even read it.

• poopie
    poopie
    It's only positive if it's harmony with the son of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit