The wt has now changed Jesus definition of neighboor

by poopie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The point is there are at least 1 billion people, maybe double or treble, unlikely to be met in the ministry. Are they my neighbour?

• All for show
    All for show

You don't meet 'everyone' in the ministry. You meet people who are at home in your specific territory. What about people you meet at the grocery store, an older women in need of help, a poor homeless man standing outside? You're not in the ministry so you don't help. Now, if you were in the ministry, a JW would give them a tract and move on. Actual aid. Oh, thats what the 'kingdom' is for.

If I considered my husband my closest neighbor, the average person with half a brain would give me some serious side eye.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's not a "beautiful teaching". It's yet another pseudo intellectual bastardisation of a very simple principle designed to support the Witnesses view that activities like standing for hours like lemons by a cart is somehow more worthy than actually going out and bloody well helping people.

I was fuming during that meeting yesterday.

• All for show
    All for show

Perhaps your neighbor at the end of the block was shoveling snow. They aren't too old, mid-60's, but you are a decade or two younger, but they are having an obviously difficult time. You are late to meeting/service, do you keep driving by because you're on your way to meeting? Or, as an act of loving your neighbor (yes the neighbor at the END of the street, not the one literally next door) do you stop and help out?

I would guess the average JW is not going to stop. They can't count time and JWs would not understand their tardiness for being neighborly.

• poopie
    poopie
    Are you in the ministry when your 19 yr old child is living at home and is df
  • poopie
    poopie
    ARE YOU in the ministry when your at the beach having fun and you meet a df person and want to encourage them. Check mate
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The wt has now changed Jesus definition of neighboor.

....................................................HELL NO!!

Image result for wont you be my neighbor..Image result for JW.org broadcasting

• lanalonger
    lanalonger

In our view, offering Bible teachings is helping people, wherever one does it. As for the snow shovelers, my personal ‘fix’ would be to stop and say, ‘I could come help you later with that if you will allow me’ and go on to my meeting. I can’t shovel in a dress anyway.

Ya’ll are taking exception to instruction to ‘love one’s neighbor as oneself,’ you get that, right? Everyone at my Hall understood the three categories to mean ‘everyone.’

And of course your mate is your nearest neighbor, because this was dealing with human relationships and showing love and mercy in them. Your mate is your nearest relationship, so the nearest person who can benefit from your care bestowed on them.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    only in jw land it takes an hour to figure out the definition of what a neighbor is. if i was conducting i would say okay your neighbor is everyone, now lets go out to brunch and watch some some football !
  • ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness
    Ya’ll are taking exception to instruction to ‘love one’s neighbor as oneself,’ you get that, right? Everyone at my Hall understood the three categories to mean ‘everyone.’

Lana our precious pumpkin, we are taking exception to the plain fact that Jesus' own explanation of who constitutes a neighbour is not good enough for your magnificent New York 7. They take it upon themselves, as always, to ADD even to the concise words of Christ himself and complicate a simple illustration to squeeze a Watchtower paragraph or two out of it for a bunch of mindless drones to nod along to sagely, you get that, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit