My plans for Christmas this year

by UnshackleTheChains 9 Replies latest social family

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

1. Attend a charity Christmas party which my wife (active JW) helps to organise each year ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Buy a very small Christmas tree with lights for the living room (which can easily be hidden away if JW friends are coming up)

3. Buy some nice presents for my family

4. Attend our local winter festival and 'enjoy' a few warm German alcoholic beverages...oh yeah

5. Attend a pantomime with my family

6. Watch ' A Christmas Carol' whilst drinking mulled wine

7. Christmas dinner with turkey and stuffing of course ๐Ÿ˜‹

• smiddy
    smiddy

I gather you are well and truly "out" and I presume your wife is in a fade ? maybe not "out" because of family still in ?

Do you both have children that you have succesfully kept from the clutches of the Borg ?

You both sound like a succesful family breakaway from the cult , do you want to divulge more ?

just curious.

• freddo
    freddo

Watch a Harry Potter movie with a couple of glasses of brandy instead of going to the meeting. (Xmas falls on Sunday and our meetings are 2pm!)

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

merry xmas unshackle to you and yours and a happy new year from my real name being I will give you a clue what do you call a man with no arms or legs in a swimming pool give up its also a short form for robert

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hey smiddy. It's more a case I don't give a rat's ass anymore.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

2. Buy a very small Christmas tree with lights for the living room (which can easily be hidden away if JW friends are coming up)

I did the same:

• prologos
    prologos

I like the lights,-- but there is limit--an article in the Guardian, how the Santa Claus lies are harmful to Children, so, I am thinking, wt threats of Armageddon are so successful, because it is just another version of

" better be good,-- for Santa Claus is coming to town--"

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Oh, you better watch out. You better not cry. You better not pout. I'm telling you why. Armageddon's coming to town.

Jah sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good. So if you don't want to die like depictions in Watchtower publications show it and be carrion for the birds, you'll be good for goodness sake!

Everybody, sing along!...Oh, you better watch out. You better not cry....

Actually, been so many years since I been around actual JWs, I no longer worry about what I celebrate and who sees. But I did get a kick out of a few JWs when they learned I was back to lighting a menorah. It's not a Christmas tree, so they can't say it's pagan.

Chanukah: the ORIGINAL reason for the season (celebrated annually before even Jesus was born, so there!)

Keep Han Solo in Chanukah.

OY to the world!

• Onager
    Onager

My plan for Christmas is for the dog not to throw up after Christmas dinner. I mean, seriously, with 5 people sneaking her bits of turkey and god knows what, plus whatever she can hoover up that the baby drops, I fear my Christmas might be a bitโ€ฆ vommy.

I have the presents that Iโ€™m going to get planned, but not bought, and this weekend Iโ€™m going to test out my roast potato and parsnip making skills as Iโ€™m on roasty duty. Iโ€™ve been told I need King Edward potatoes and Goose fat, but thereโ€™s also dark rumours of dusting them in flour as well, which needs investigating.

Ahh, Christmas! What a lovely time of year!

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

Going to work as I do every Christmas and Christmas Eve and then sleep and wake up the next day and work again?

Its kinda weird not celebrating holidays when you are not even a JW because you have no family to celebrate it with or friends.

But ehh, I get to save my money when the car breaks down! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit