If a JW Came To Your Door How Would You Handle It?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's Witnesses have never come to my door but they have come to my girlfriends door. I have coached her as to what to say or ask but it appears that they always seem to come when she's not there. .....just curious would you get into it with a Jehovah's Witness at your door especially if it was someone you did not know?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If a JW Came To Your Door How Would You Handle It?

Image result for Laughing and pointing

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I would tell them the following:

"You know, even though the future will suffer from some pretty awful things NOTHING is going to happen in the way you've been predicting. Anyone can claim to know the future but you have had an abysmal track record of false prophecies such as saying that 1914 was going to be, not the beginning, but the actual end of the world on that date.

"Whatever happens it will not go your way."

• minimus
    minimus

After saying that I'm sure they will just go away

• Saename
    Saename

Just say, "Add me to your 'Do-Not-Call list.' I wish to never again be visited by Jehovah's Witnesses." Then you may politely say "Goodbye" and close the door.

Any attempts at arguing or even civil-mannerly debating with them will not work. Also, simply stating that you already have a religion or that you are not interested will as well be unsuccessful endeavors to get rid of them. Jehovah's Witnesses take that to mean that you are not currently interested in their theology. They are "concerned" about your safety during the Armageddon and so will visit you again after some time—unless, of course, you make it clear to them that they should add you to their "Do-Not-Call list." It's a list that forbids Jehovah's Witnesses from knocking at the marked people's doors.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If it was someone I didn't know then yes I would play dumb (easy for me) act interested and pose some innocent widdle questions about the structure of the borg, qualifications of the leaders, what other community work they do - if any, what happens to donations, if their leader's speak for God, if Jesus died for everyone in the whole world..........

Oh God, how I would enjoy tying them up for hours and their heads in knots.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Minimus,

After saying that I'm sure they will just go away

But at least they will well remember what was said especially at the twilight of their life.

• Saename
    Saename

I just looked at your profile, minimus, and saw that you joined the forum 14 years ago. I guess you already know then what I said above... which makes my comment unnecessary :D

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

would you get into it with a Jehovah's Witness at your door especially if it was someone you did not know? - hell no.

It'd be: " I'm not interested".

*slams door*

I wasted 14 years of my life on those cultists. Why should I waste a minute more?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

saename,

I just looked at your profile, minimus, and saw that you joined the forum 14 years ago. I guess you already know then what I said above... which makes my comment unnecessary

Some things bear repeating after a few years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit