Parabolic expressions

by road to nowhere 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Maybe this should be in humor. anyone remember the article about parables? Apparently written by a mathematician back when every story had a modern fulfillment. It was one of those wtf moments. It was hard to find an article to show at the door, add in the over the top pictures

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I remember reading one of Rutherford's Tomes, were every bloody thing had a " greater fulfillment", even, from Genesis, Rachel's camels ! Even as a loyal JW at the time, I laughed.

What Rutherford did not know was, that camels were not domesticated until long after the time Rachel was supposed to have lived.

So not just Rutherford's nonsensical fulfillment, but the original story were both BullSheeet.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere
    pa·rab·o·la
    /pəˈrabələ/
    I think I missed on title, a parabolic ex
    I missed the title a bit. Formula for:
    noun
    1. a symmetrical open plane curve formed by the intersection of a cone with a plane parallel to its side. The path of a projectile under the influence of gravity ideally follows a curve of this shape.

Nothing to do with prophecy, just some WT writer overhearing someone discussing science and hijacking it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit