Recent mistakes of the Governing Body contributing to the decline of JWs

by slimboyfat 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

So so true! I would add strengthening anti-education and shunning policy instead of relaxing it. Plus letting Tomo ad-lib!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

It will be intresting to see what happens when the money from the sale of the family silver (brooklyn) runs out

• garyneal
    garyneal

Are the Jehovah's Witnesses actually in decline? I remember a few years ago that their worldwide numbers tallied up to 7 million publishers. Now they claim to have 8 million publishers. Of course, according to Aron Ra, the Mormon religion counts even individuals who are no longer active in the Mormon church to boost their numbers. Perhaps the WT is doing the same?

To look at my wife and her family, there is no indication that they're losing confidence within the religion.

• zeb
    zeb

or briefly, they were never directed by holy spirit as such a power would never make the blunders they have made nor go hell for leather protecting wife bashers and paedophiles'.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Gary, the best source material for your question is the website JWsurvey.com which does country-by-country break downs of the annual reports in the JW Yearbook. Among many other details, last year's worldwide growth was the smallest in decades, baptisms continue to fall and memorial attendance has been around the upper 19 million for some years .

• Sevan
    Sevan

Should be jwsurvey.org

http://jwsurvey.org

• Sevan
    Sevan

Really good comments everyone! Agreed!

For me, the de-emphasis of Jesus and the emphasis and praise of the governing body increasingly bothered me. I may have noticed this more than others, being a convert from "Christendom" and all.

That talk at the annual meeting in 2014 by Tight Pants Tony was all kinds of crazy. Our Kingdom Hall had a showing of the annual meeting and I was railing to my husband about how messed up his talk was the minute we got in the car and the whole way home. That was a real wake up call for me as I was always told how humble and godly the GB members were. I didn't see any of that in Tony. I saw a judgemental, bigoted, pompous, self-righteous man. I didn't see how this man could have so much more Holy Spirit than me and be a in a bosom position with God and then be exhibiting these qualities.

I also increasingly noticed how unhappy the friends were at the Kingdom Hall. And how unhappy I was. I just kept thinking about that scripture where Jesus said come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you ... for my yoke is kindly and my load is light. I just kept thinking how that was not the case, how the burden from the Society was so heavy and how we were never good enough.

There are so many other things, but I don't want to fill pages, lol.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Sevan

The Zone meeting talk was an eye opener for us as well. We had already started our fade but that talk was the final straw to keep us our.

Your comment :

"I also increasingly noticed how unhappy the friends were at the Kingdom Hall. And how unhappy I was. I just kept thinking about that scripture where Jesus said come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you ... for my yoke is kindly and my load is light. I just kept thinking how that was not the case, how the burden from the Society was so heavy and how we were never good enough."

My spouse always made the exact statement you made above. NO ONE within the cult seems happy at all. Our entire family and families that are related through marriage are heavy drinkers and are all on anti depressants. So much for the "happiest people on earth".

• flipper
    flipper

SLIMBOYFAT - Great thread ! I agree with most everything folks have posted here. Great points everybody is bringing up.

Another thing I feel that's contributing to the JW organization's downfall is the sheer arrogance of the Governing Body feeling that the laws of the land that everybody else has to obey - don't apply to them. By stubbornly refusing to hand over documentation concerning their child abuse policies, stubbornly refusing to hand over the database file on JW pedophiles to the courts in San Diego, CA. or elsewhere - these GB members by transference and extension are making it even harder on rank & file JW's because a typical JW will be confronted on the street or door to door about the crazy decisions WT leaders make. Also what's exposed on the internet.

Which is another mark or evidence of the GB's arrogance- they don't care or give a rat's ass about the " flock " or rank & file JW's welfare - just the bottom line - the corporate survival financially of the WT society. Just another huge corporation throwing members and employees under the bus. The disrespect has become so impersonal that even the most staunch Witness is getting offended these days. I hope more JW's get out before they waste their entire lives in this criminal organization

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Because these clowns that make up the Governing Body are so caught up in delusions of grandeur and really think that they are running Gehovah's earthly organization practically everything they do will be stupid and keep them pointed in the wrong imaginary direction. It is the expected results when those making decisions are in deep denial and work hard to stay in their dream world of serving the interest of a mean spirited Deity who they refer to as Love personified and must be worshiped or it's the death penalty.

I bet AM#3 thinks the reason that the corporation is doing so poorly is that brothers and sisters are wearing tight clothing and this makes Jehovah disgusted so that he taken away blessing on their business dealings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit