Calendar of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Downtowner 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Downtowner
    Downtowner

I was with my mom today shopping and she is still in the organization. She is elderly so she doesn't do as much as she used to. We went to the store and she purchased a calendar and on the way out she said that she finally got a calendar for this year. I asked did they not make any through the organization?? And she replied no they stopped making the calendars. She said they are converting everything digital and soon they may not even have any more magazines because they'll all be online at the rate they are going currently.

It's funny when I used to be active growing up the things I always look forward to where the conventions the circuit assemblies and the annuals like the calendars the yearbooks and the bound volumes. The reason I look for the assemblies and conventions was because I got a trip out of it and my mom would always do something special like go to the zoo or visit some Museum or go to a nice place to eat for dinner. Anyway getting off topic, they're taking away everything that I remember growing up that the witnesses would be excited about including new releases at the convention. Now it seems like it's just becoming robotic. You don't make up your own talks you reformat outline the former student talk that was the originally the number two in the Theocratic Ministry school now is just a Bible reading nothing more but yet they follow the same guidelines as they did when they were still allowing talks.

Definitely not the same organization as it was at the end of the 20th century.

• out4good4
    out4good4

yep....in a few years the whole religion will be internet based.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

So true. There used to be 24 magazines a year (2 awake & 2 WT per month). Now it's reduced down to six for the whole year. 3 & 3. And at the conventions any new releases are done via download only. That's it.

• Downtowner
    Downtowner

Compare the JW to a similar religion like the Mormons. They have quality magazines from a professional standpoint comes out once a month not one not two but at least three different magazines that I know of. They still publish them online as well. They have less active door to door as it is not a requirement for all members just missionaries. Instead of a body of men they follow one man they deem a prophet. They have additional scriptures other than the bible yet they are growing faster than JW. Over 16 million now! Jws are shy of 9 million and how many of those are children????

• Downtowner
    Downtowner

Oh and the JW magazines now days are more of an insult to the educated as they have a child like feeling.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    they're taking away everything that I remember growing up that the witnesses would be excited

Quite right, Downtowner.. and I could not agree more with your last post ,above. The older dubs I know share the same feelings, in private of course

I believe the WTS is digging it's own grave. No training for Public Speaking for the young men..........What can the future hold?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Definitely not the same organization as it was at the end of the 20th century.

Yes, but it's their same stupid decision making process, which is not based on innovation. Personally I don't miss anything and can't care less about what they do or change, but I feel for those elderly JWs that are going through so many changes. They have to feel uncomfortable.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Sad for the elderly.

G.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I used to look forward to a$$embĀ£y dinners in the 60's & 70's. They stopped those.

I found the sessions boring as arseholes though.

There was never anything teaching(tm) wise that interested me, just available sisters(tm) and food!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It was easier to bullshit the masses back in the day and a lot cheaper as well.

It appears the WTS only wants to print literature now just have them placed onto carts for public display.

The con job continues just in more modernize way via digital information.

Hypocritically and ironically the WTS used to demean computers back in the mid 1980's, probably they were afraid of their potential of easy transference of information, like in higher education and Universities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit