Who are the Antitypical Pharisees today???

by James Mixon 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Who do JW's believe are the Pharisees???? Do you know of any religious organization that

put such a heavy burden on it's members. Maybe ISIS, blow yourself to pieces. But GB

sit on their fat asses and bind the RF with heavy burdens and say do as I say a not as I do.

They enlarge the borders of their garments and wear eye popping diamond rings.

I just found out my daughter gave up her job too pioneer.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

I am surprised that no one has yet commented on this post. Regarding me I can see one, two, three, four, five, six, seven... yes seven Pharisees-in-chief by connecting me to the website of an American wellknown cult. Their faces, their faked smiles and their mannerism leave me in no state of uncertainty as to their identity and do not encourage me to return under their rule. I prefer by far to be shunned, even by some family members. It's not my problem, it's theirs.

• dothemath
    dothemath

I think the organization has LOTS in common with the Pharisees of old. They added all kinds of rules, and are just the same in "giving a tenth of the dill.....but disregarded justice and mercy- Matt. 23:23

Today they use disfellowshipping as a weapon, just like the Pharisees. John 12: 42- many would have put faith in Jesus but wouldn't......so as not to be expelled from the synagogue"

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    JW's no longer really believe in "anti-typicals" anymore...they gave up on that a few years ago...
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    notsurewheretogo4 hours ago JW's no longer really believe in "anti-typicals" anymore...they gave up on that a few years ago...
    Well - not really - they don't do it unless they do. They even said - that sometimes antitypes apply.

This is their way to cover over the mistakes and BS they have spewed out in the past in regards to "antitypes" but still use them to their advantage when they want to.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Any man coming up with rules not found in the Bible and passing said rules off as an obligation to God.

No beards

Stockings for the ladies

Counting time

A sister putting stuff on her head 'cause her baptized 10yr old boy is around ... who the hell is that child the "head" of ?!! The sandbox gang? Certainly not his mother.

Keeping convention clothing on all day

Book bag "heaviness"

Wearing suit jackets and ties in 90 degree heat

Can't imagine who could correlate .....😊

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Money grabbing, potentially corrupt, lying GB members as analogous atypical Pharisees .

Noooooooo !!!!!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Have they ever pointed their finger at another religion and stated , they are the modern day

Pharisees? They preached at the doors how bad the Catholic cover up sex abuse in their ranks

but don't recall them stating who are the modern Pharisees, an identifying mark of the true religion crap.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks peely, They are so blind, but I keep in mind I also walked in darkness.

And yes the Bible description of the Pharisees fits the GB to a T.

• cofty
    cofty

Calm down Peely it's just a trivial little American cult.

Linking it with bible prophecy gives it an importance it doesn't deserve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit