Who are the Antitypical Pharisees today???

by James Mixon 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Who do JW's believe are the Pharisees???? Do you know of any religious organization that

put such a heavy burden on it's members. Maybe ISIS, blow yourself to pieces. But GB

sit on their fat asses and bind the RF with heavy burdens and say do as I say a not as I do.

They enlarge the borders of their garments and wear eye popping diamond rings.

I just found out my daughter gave up her job too pioneer.

• TheFadingAlbatros

I am surprised that no one has yet commented on this post. Regarding me I can see one, two, three, four, five, six, seven... yes seven Pharisees-in-chief by connecting me to the website of an American wellknown cult. Their faces, their faked smiles and their mannerism leave me in no state of uncertainty as to their identity and do not encourage me to return under their rule. I prefer by far to be shunned, even by some family members. It's not my problem, it's theirs.

• dothemath

I think the organization has LOTS in common with the Pharisees of old. They added all kinds of rules, and are just the same in "giving a tenth of the dill.....but disregarded justice and mercy- Matt. 23:23

Today they use disfellowshipping as a weapon, just like the Pharisees. John 12: 42- many would have put faith in Jesus but wouldn't......so as not to be expelled from the synagogue"

• notsurewheretogo
    JW's no longer really believe in "anti-typicals" anymore...they gave up on that a few years ago...
  • ttdtt
    notsurewheretogo4 hours ago JW's no longer really believe in "anti-typicals" anymore...they gave up on that a few years ago...
    Well - not really - they don't do it unless they do. They even said - that sometimes antitypes apply.

This is their way to cover over the mistakes and BS they have spewed out in the past in regards to "antitypes" but still use them to their advantage when they want to.
  • Lieu

Any man coming up with rules not found in the Bible and passing said rules off as an obligation to God.

No beards

Stockings for the ladies

Counting time

A sister putting stuff on her head 'cause her baptized 10yr old boy is around ... who the hell is that child the "head" of ?!! The sandbox gang? Certainly not his mother.

Keeping convention clothing on all day

Book bag "heaviness"

Wearing suit jackets and ties in 90 degree heat

Can't imagine who could correlate .....😊

• Finkelstein

Money grabbing, potentially corrupt, lying GB members as analogous atypical Pharisees .

Noooooooo !!!!!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Have they ever pointed their finger at another religion and stated , they are the modern day

Pharisees? They preached at the doors how bad the Catholic cover up sex abuse in their ranks

but don't recall them stating who are the modern Pharisees, an identifying mark of the true religion crap.

• peely

James Mixon, I hope you will be able to help your daughter see the same hypocrisy you do. It seems the play on emotions is heavy now through the use of videos and movies as scare tactics in keeping the sheep in submission.

I do believe the Pharisees and the leaders in the organization have the same Father and it isn't the Father in Heaven.

Just like the Pharisees, they believe they imitate God in obedience displaying their own brand of righteousness. 1 Pet 1:14-16; Eph 5:1; Luke 3:38

The Pharisees murdered Christ, according to what they perceived the law read, whereas the GB “disfellowships” – a spiritual beheading – those within the Body of Christ and all,according to how they perceive the scriptures when one preaches Jesus! Rev 20:4; Acts 5:42

They have successfully inherited the recipe to imitate the yeast of the Pharisees, handed down from their Father. Mark 8:13-16,21; 9:33,34; Luke 9:46; 1 Cor 8:2; Gal 6:3; 2 Cor 11:12

"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me.” John 8:44-45

If we are to have the attitude of Jesus, we certainly should surpass the standards of the Pharisees, the GB and the elder body.

“For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matt 5:20

“But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.” Mark 10:42,43

Not only are they identical to the Pharisees, they fit the description of the composite Beasts of Revelation.

Rev 13:14 - So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

This particular “beast” is the image of the organization.

It was also discerned in the 1920’s that there are two opposing organizations—Jehovah’s and Satan’s. The fight is on between them, and we will be on the winning side only if we keep in step with Jehovah’s organization.

When we observe the complex problems plaguing this wicked system, how thankful we are to be no part of Satan’s organization! And how favored we are to have spiritual security within Jehovah’s organization! W 01/1/15 Keep in step with Jehovah's Organization

And here is the other beast, made of a composite false prophet and harlot:

"Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

"And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, [spirit-directed] that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. [disfellowshipping] Rev 13:11-15

The dragon, the Father of the Lie, whom the primary false prophet/beast receives its power, pours out lies into the mouth of both beasts. They, in turn dispense these lies through their own mouth:

“And I saw three spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." Rev 16:13; 17:14; 1 Pet 2:9; Rev 5:10

“and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Rev 13:17

The only spiritual currency allowed within the organization is through the Watchtower, approved by the beast/ harlot/GB. The mark of the name of the beast/organization is clearly seen by one’s acceptance during baptism to be identified as a JW, as well as all actions performed by those who adhere to it's doctrine.

The GB/Harlot/false prophet sits above many "waters":

"Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues." Rev 17:15

"Before our very eyes, God is collecting people from all nations and forming them into the foundation of a new earthly society that will soon replace today’s disunited world." dg part 11 pp. 28-32

"In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, 'I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.' Rev 18:7

Although she teaches the organization and herself are on the "winning side" of the battle, I believe we all can forecast the coming fall on the horizon for this false prophet/harlot. She allows the "killing" of her own brothers and sisters in Christ; she threatens with blackmail, the loss of loved ones for "speaking out" against her; she has shed blood through the years in many ways, she perpetrates lies, she oppresses the sheep through required obedience to an idol, she has basically erased Christ as head of each anointed one (an abomination - Matt 24:15) and all sheep, by requiring the organization to be one's mediator for salvation.

"And the ten horns [symbolic "kings" in power that rise up] which you saw on the beast [elder body/organization], these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire" Rev 17:16

“Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.” Rev 13:18

James, I pray you can convince your daughter to get out while she can; I pray this for all JWs.

www christsdisciple.com

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks peely, They are so blind, but I keep in mind I also walked in darkness.

And yes the Bible description of the Pharisees fits the GB to a T.

Share with others