Ask An Elder

by BeeEmBee 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BeeEmBee
    BeeEmBee

Ok, 4 questions sprang to mind in light of the recent elders letter.

If you get to the kingdom hall and its on fire, brother A says he saw brother B set it ablaze purposely,

Who do you call first and why?

If you get to the kingdom hall and the sound system has been stolen, sister A says she saw brother B loading it onto his van,

If you get to the kingdom hall and there's a dead body on the platform with blood everywhere and brother A says he saw sister B commit the murder,

So, if you get to the kingdom hall and a little one is claiming that brother or sister so and so has sexually abused them,

(Now sing along if you know it)

One of these things is not like the other,

3 of these things are kinda the same,

can ya tell which thing is not like the other by the time we finish the game

• Saename
    Saename

In the first two scenarios, I presume the authorities would be informed because damage would have been done to the Watchtower itself and its property (the Kingdom Hall.) They would likely call the Legal Department before that, but the issue would be reported to the authorities right after.

In the third scenario, they would call the Legal Department to inquire what the law in their area requires. (Sounds ridiculous, but elders are idiots who don't understand anything, so they need to be told everything by the Watchtower.)

In the fourth scenario... you know the procedure. Legal Department, no authorities, innocent victims victimized, abuser protected or disfellowshipped (read: still protected) unless the investigation bears no results, in which case the matter would be left "in Jehovah's hands." (Keep in mind that when the letter mentions the two-witness rule, it says that if there is only one witness, the Legal Department should be called. What happens later, we don't know. The matter is probably left "in Jehovah's hands" as well. I don't think they would investigate when there are no two witnesses. After all, elders are usually idiots who are unable to think and have to be told everything by the Watchtower [see the Australian Royal Commission for irrefutable proof.])

In other words, hypocrisy...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WONDERFULLY put!

Yes, the stupidity of the societies behaviour is so clear when you make those comparisons!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Brilliant , please send that to the ARC ,Angus Stewart , it shows in a nutshell the stupidity of the 2 witness rule applied to Child sex Abuse claims and how Jehovah`s Witnesses handle it.

smiddy

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

If you get to the kingdom hall and its on fire, brother A says he saw brother B set it ablaze purposely,

If it was me....I would call the newspapers media TV stations so they can get a good story 'live coverage ' of a k/hall going up in smoke.... wait for 10 minutes then call the fire department.

Take some fantastic ph pictures of the event and post them here.

But that's just me..

• BeeEmBee
    BeeEmBee

I was genuinely pleased to read that you thought it was a decent example so thanks for that.

i actually posed these questions to an elder this evening and i was disappointed to say the least, but i guess i was pretty much expecting that.

Saename, you might be right in some cases but in this case it was question 2 that wasn't as straightforward.

The answer to that was that they would try to contact the thieving brother to start with, ok i can see that. But the others apart from the obvious 4th question was to contact the relevant emerency services straight away. the last question didnt even get a response, but i did go off on a tangent during the long silence immediately after i asked.

It was meant to be a thought provoker, it might help some though, but perhaps it would be good to have two upstanding witnesses / members of the congregation present, because if it doesnt nudge the elder into thought, it might nudge a listener to it epsecially after hearing the elders response followed by context of the latest elders letter.

edit: forgot to say, MightyV8 that was funny, didnt see that coming.

• Listener
    Listener

There are a number of different scenarios. My question to the Elder would be, at what stage do you either inform the police or ensure that it has been reported to them and not let them divert from that question.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

What if your house ... your family ...

WHAT IF YOUR DOPE WAS ON FIRE??!!!??

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ok, 4 questions sprang to mind in light of the recent elders letter. If you get to the kingdom hall and its on fire, brother A says he saw brother B set it ablaze purposely, Who do you call first and why?

911, silly!

If you get to the kingdom hall and the sound system has been stolen, sister A says she saw brother B loading it onto his van, Who do you call first and why?

Bro B to mention that the others saw him removing it and ask when he plans on bringing it back. Maybe bro. B is getting it repaired. No reason to go all judicial on the guy!

If you get to the kingdom hall and there's a dead body on the platform with blood everywhere and brother A says he saw sister B commit the murder,Who do you call first and why?

911, dude, there's a dead body on the platform. After the cops are done THEN you call the brother in charge of crime scene cleanups (you know there is a brother who does that professionally, right?) to tell him of the opportunity he has to provide his services as "an offering to Jehovah". First things first.

So, if you get to the kingdom hall and a little one is claiming that brother or sister so and so has sexually abused them, Who do you call first and why?

Bethel, of course! They need to know for their records.

(Now sing along if you know it) One of these things is not like the other, 3 of these things are kinda the same,

can ya tell which thing is not like the other by the time we finish the game

Now, now, you know that the elders can't answer THAT one. . .its not in any elder's manual!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit