another Mormon similarity

by neat blue dog 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I have said to many people that a person will come to be better informed regarding what's happening in the world today by reading The Book of Mormon than all the magazines and newspapers combined.

- Ezra Benson, LDS president

It has been said that the four parts (of the Photo Drama) are worth more than a year in college.

- Charles Russell, WT president

The motives and results are the same: Look at in-house information first and foremost, and distrust other sources.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I say you will learn more about what is happening in the world today by reading Jehovahs-witnesses.com

• Overrated
    Overrated

Both JW's and Morman's have a different level of crap. But still crap.

• millie210
    millie210

It is interesting how they "borrow" from one another.

When JWs introduced Caleb and Sophia (the children that were characters they claimed they invented) we had a thread here about an interesting development.

The development was that the Mormons had 2 young characters FIRST that the JW ones were clones of.

The thread had some posters who did a bit of digging and i I remember correctly there was some evidence presented that looked like JWs had hired the same consulting firm the Mormons had hired.

Obviously, JWs were concerned about the high rate at which they were/are losing young people. The Mormons have their own problems with that but still do better than the witnesses.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I put the mormons 10-15 years ahead of the JWs. They just have a better presentation to the public. One very brave move, was when they wrote a series of letters on the more unfavourable aspects of Mormonism. Eventually, with the internet, Wt will be forced to follow suite.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I think the book of Mormon is a good read. It's actually f***ing hilarious. It is however very racist.

Mormons themselves are going more mainstream. Their shunning is not as extreme as JWs. Scientology and Amish are the worst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit