Jury Awards $100K To Family Of Jehovah's Witness Who Died After Refusing Blood Transfusion

by Bangalore 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    TheListener: And since when do JWs control bloodless surgery units right in the hospitals themselves?

They always have. Who do you think established the bloodless surgery units to begin with? Many of the bloodless units have been founded by and are run by JWs.

One of the very first bloodless units was established by a JW - Jan Castro at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago back in 1987.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-05-18/news/9002090905_1_bloodless-medicine-and-surgery-transfusion-hospital-board

...Jan Castro, coordinator of the Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery. She is a licensed practical nurse and a Jehovah`s Witness.

I guess I don't get it. The person wanted bloodless surgery, got bloodless surgery and died. Why is anyone owing the family money?

Because the standard of care at the bloodless unit was below standard.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Oh, so the JW led unit for non-blood surgery wasn't as good as it should have been and the patient died? Wow!

I wish there was a way someone could sue the WTS over something like this.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Oh, so the JW led unit for non-blood surgery wasn't as good as it should have been and the patient died? Wow!

Exactly.

The perpetuated myth of "us" versus "them" in the medical world is erroneous. It is actually "us" versus "us". There is no "them" in this situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit