Just sharing-Ex JW's in Media

by Confusedandangry 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

https://youtu.be/qVM1prHnocI

I'm not sure if anyone has already posted this link or info on Deborah Frances White. I just wanted to share for anyone interested in hearing her experience. She also has some funny podcasts. Now that I'm 'awake' I can see how ridiculous the Jw teachings/doctrines must sound to others. On a side note-I'm hoping someday soon an ex JW who is popular in the media will make a documentary like Leah Reminis on Scientology. They can interview ex-bethelites, pioneers, elders etc. They can't all be lying right? (That's what my husband said about the Scientology series) Even though I doubt many Jdubs will watch as it would be considered apostate material. One can only hope.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes Deborah Frances White is perhaps one of the most perceptive, articulate and funny ex-JWs I have ever heard. Her presentations are professional, well-scripted and laugh-out-loud hilarious - even nonJWs find her work interesting and funny. Highly recommended!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

She is very good. Thanks for sharing.

I find it interesting that many ex-JWs end up in comedy.

• oppostate
    oppostate

She talks way too fast!

My apostate mind just can't keep up maybe its the accent???

When do other.panel members get to speak?

• freddo
    freddo

@oppostate

"When do other.panel members get to speak?"

This video has been put up in another thread recently. DF/W gets about 18 minutes and in the other thread (which I cannot locate I'm afraid) there are similar amounts of time for all the other panel members. It is a good listen if you can cope with the British accents!

• Landy
    Landy

Her presentations are professional, well-scripted and laugh-out-loud hilarious - even nonJWs find her work interesting and funny. Highly recommended!

Perhaps more so as she doesn't let being an ex-jw define her.

There's no mention of it on her website and rightly so.

http://www.deborahfrances-white.com/

• freddo
    freddo

@Landy

Actually she does mention it if you click on "about Deborah".

• Landy
    Landy

Perhaps if you go looking, but she's not in your face with it. Or ashamed of it.

• steve2
    steve2

"She talks way too fast!

My apostate mind just can't keep up maybe its the accent???"

Shows cultural differences in speaking and listening. I find her perfectly understandable and I don't think she speaks too fast at all. But I can understand that if a listener is unfamiliar with her accent, it could be hard keeping up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit