Is the WT’s Paradise Earth doctrine a delusion?

by deegee 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

I agree with you Finky baby.

Jook, I remember reading in the dreaded Awake magazine back in the early 80's that it was thought that approximately one third of people who had ever lived were alive at the present. This typical Awake factoid fed into the idea that a resurrection would not overburden the Earth.

Recent more researched statistics as I understand, puts the total number of Homo sapiens lives ever lived at around 105 billion i.e. about twelve or thirteen times times the present population.

As you say, who can really know but this was a serious statistical attempt.

The more bizarre aspect is to talk blandly about a resurrection of billions of people when not one person ever in all of human history has literally been resurrected.

Let alone having a refugee crisis of astronomical proportions...

Waring a sane non-religious hat...To imagine billions coming back to life is absolutely and unconditionally preposterous!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    HB, I dont remember that Awake magazine , clearly the authors didn't do their homework!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You could say the WTS is a Multi level marketing scam where people are firstly allured and then designed to be its marketeers.

You are to look a certain predesignated way (wholesome, truthful and honest) and say exactly what the WTS instructs without deviation.

• dozy
    dozy

The WTBTS , although a bit vague on the details , have speculated that there would be no more babies born after a certain time period so that those who have stayed childless for "the truth" ( ie the Society ) can have their children so when the earth was "full" then childbearing would cease.

The waters are muddied somewhat by the "new thought" that perhaps even miscarriages and stillborn babies will be resurrected. The total number of resurrected ones stands at least 30 billion and counting and increasing by 55 million a year ( approx the population of the UK ) - yet apparently everyone gets their own large lakeside luxury villa with several acres of land and superb views ( albeit with no roads - maybe travelling is done by helicopter and everything is delivered by drone - Amazon at last having rolled it out ). The whole doctrine hasn't been thought through and is a real mess and has virtually no biblical support , which is why no other religion has taken it on. But the pictures of children petting pandas and elephants happily trooping along alpine valleys look good.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    OUTLAW! LOL! THANK YOU! MY HSBAND AND I LAUGHED FOR 10 MINUITES STRAIGHT AT YOUR POST!!!!
  • tiki
    tiki
    Lion with a beach ball... that is too much! Love your inputs always outlawed one.....but as the topic at hand.....perhaps the earth will bloat and enlarge to accomodate all those peeps....or planets will be prepared with atmospheres conducive to human life as we know it. Or perhaps humans will morph into creatures that can survive in atmospheric conditions now not possible. The universe is so vast....the possibilities are endless. Just imagine....or perhaps eventually the earth will fall into a black hole and that will be the end of it as we know it. The scripture does say time indefinite which leaves wiggle room for the demise of the third rock from the sun.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

....So when the laughs died down we continued our conversation...he wasn't aware of the veggie animals and the Noah edict ( has never been a JW, naturally) and I further explained the thread topic and other puzzling stuff like how dinosaurs fit in to witness ideas ....so he has this puzzled look on his face and says " but what are these people and animals going to eat?" [Thinks...] " ah...maybe they WONT EAT...in the paradise!"

😉 And there, sez I, you get a perfect demonstration of how the witnesses get their theology...if there's a hole in your theory...get out of it by digging yourself another one!!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    They used to teach that at some point in the millennium there would be no more children born. Going further back to the Russell days, they taught that the humans on earth would be sexless.
  • deegee
    deegee

TYPO: ......hopefully sthe fopod will last for the entire journey......

SHOULD READ: .......hopefully the food will last for the entire journey.......

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

That thought bothered me a long time ago.

EVERYTHING in the universe has an expiration date. Planets, stars, galaxies, even it turns out that protons may decay.

But man does not? We can't even be outside to long before we die, but we will live forever?

It's a wonderful dream, but that's all it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit