Going to meetings to "save face."

by Darkknight757 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Just arrange a weekend away at a romantic B&B, or a sunday of brunch and markets and tell her it's important to strengthen yourselves as a couple first before attending another meeting. The prospect of not going has to become more appealing than going, so if she can compare how she feels after a relaxing sunday of sleeping in, then brunch and a stroll around town or the beach OR a sunday of white knuckling it at a meeting filled with guilt, fear, obligaion, and orwellian mind control propoganda techniques.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Diogenensister that's pretty much how I deal. Try to keep things on own terms. It stinks no matter what but I'm determined that if I have to keep peace, play along for MY FAMILY"s benefit I'm going to have some fun along the way.

In no way do I feel like I'm necessarily giving in I'm doing it for others, not just myself. Sometimes when you love someone (My Parent) you do things to not hurt them, fair or not to you. They are older haven't got forever and for now giving them this peace is the least I can do.

I will say this I'm totally on board with @DarkKnight on the condoning part. That part of it does bother me greatly and there are times where I have to steer clear of certain things or I'm likely to blow the whole thing up ha ha.

Funny witnesses talk about having mildness and self-control. NO ONE I MEAN NO ONE has self control like a successful fade ha ha!!!!!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Well it looks like "the talk" went well. We are going to move to a new hall starting next week and then stop going and continue with our fade together.

I just need to improve at sharing with her things that I learn and she admits that she doesn't trust most of these "apostate" websites. She makes a good point, she doesn't want to get bad information.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    The love bombing is a strong force. Resist the dark side. The more the miss, the better you'll feel.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Dark Read her 1 John 1:5. Then read excepts from "Time is at Hand" and/or "The Finished Mystery" as I mentioned. Then ask if there is no darkness in God and the light JW's speak of is progressive, why was such darkness taught?

New light needs to be light in the first place. If a teaching is completely abandoned then it was never light in the first place, hence it is darkness.

Re-read 1 John.

Based on the info or excepts read for either of the books above is God trying to trick us or are those things simply not from God in the first place.

Lastly read Deuteronomy 18:22.

Ask if the things in those books, the most key publication set of the organization's history, all came true.

If the a person is honest they must answer no. As such this cannot be God's organization for if you say yes then he is trying to trick us by leading us into darkness and confusion, then back to light then back to darkness with the constant flip flopping on doctrine and rules.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

The unicorns and rainbows are great like the other half says right up until you:

• Have a child who has some serious trauma and needs blood.
    • You're forced to shun a family member who is by no means the AntiChrist but you are expected to treat them as such.
    • You must lie to your friends because speaking honestly will get you an e-ticket to the door.
    • You can't question something that is blatantly wrong.
    • You feel forced to preach false things to others possibly causing them to join the ranks only to have that on your conscience.
    • ...and the list goes on and on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit