Going to meetings to "save face."

by Darkknight757 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

..full disclosure.the condoning part is for sure a real thing and something that gets my goose too. I can't deny that

for this very reason I've said to one of my fam who has an idea of what's going on that you can't just take the good and ignore the rest because some day it will effect you and two you're inadvertently condoning these harmful invasions on other's lives whether you acknowledge it or not.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Saving Face" is the same reason given by Muslim parents for so-called " Honour Killings". It is not a good reason for doing most things.

It all comes down to personal integrity, how much and how often are you prepared to lie.

A frank discussion with your wife's parents will probably have to happen one day, so why not sooner rather than later?

Point out that your love for them has not changed, you would never shun them for holding different religious opinions to you etc etc. Frankly ask them to use the "necessary family business" card to keep in regular contact.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Thanks for the advise Phizzy. Having a talk with her again is what needs to happen. She tends to deflect the subject but hopefully by actions she will see how serious it is. Faking it ain't working.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Witness My Fury - "There will come a point where you cannot stomach being there any longer."

Yup.

I get headaches if/when I accompany my Mom.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

LOL Vidiot. That's proof positive that the bleach they serve at the hall is unfit for human consumption.

12 seconds into this song is what my brain says after a meeting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bdCOT6oKd8

• kairos
    kairos

Every minute spent at a KH or JW event is time wasted.
    You cannot recover time lost.

Freedom is valuable. People have sacrificed everything for the benefit of future generations.

I'm getting to the point where I simply do not miss these people.If they approach me at sometime in the future I will certainly be there for them.

The strange part is how much they fear us, those that reject the meetings and videos that are full of lies.

They legitimately cannot understand why we are "rejecting the only hope for life". They are baffled. Then when asked what is the current message and hope, it's blank stares. How would you ever be able to 'research' using the WT library, since you never know what's the current understanding anymore. Every meeting has the potential for life altering changes.

JWs give up everything for the Borg. Free time, personal goals, relationships, love of others, family and even their own life if required.
    ( rejecting life saving blood or preaching in very unsafe conditions to their demise. )

You cannot be a JW if you do not regularly express your loyalty to the Governing Body.
    You also need to be mentally prepared to do anything they say:

At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.
  • kairos
    kairos

It may be getting to the point where the JWs are expecting to do crazy things whenever their G.O.D. tell them to.

It's madness you need to be free of.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don't know what to do. I hate and I mean HATE going there. I feel as though by attending I am a sharer in the wrongs of the organization.

....................If It Doesn`t Feel Right.....It`s..

......Image result for wrong

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

This all sounds so familiar. I am like Hadriel, i go to meetings, and use opportunities. And I know they are afraid of me. They know I will not be quiet if they ever would annoy me. Last year october an elder asked (for the first time in years) if i would like to have a conversation. Like a shepherd call (I have declined shepherd calls to our family for ten years now! it's my house, too, so I have the right not to have elders over!) but only HIM.

I asked him if he was sure he really wanted to talk to me.

He was surprised and asked why, and that he would like to hear my side of the story. I said: 'You don't want to make things worse for DH, don't you?' (I mean, now I am going to meetings and my husband has a 'normal' life, how would things work out for him when they have to df me?!)

'are you afraid of me?' He asked , and i said, 'no, but i know that you could be forced to do something with things you hear. That's how the rules are.'

That was in october. He never talked about a visit again 😊

Everyone has his/her own way to cope. I am not a black and white person, I can live with being in the KH sometimes (however it's getting harder!). if you can't, quit.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I'm with Hadriel 100%. Everyone's situation and personal priorities are different...but if you do go, don't let it get to you..don't let them take the joy out of life from you..have some fun with it if you can, maybe help someone question things..above all do what's best for you and yours but don't let anyone blackmail you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit