Going to meetings to "save face."

by Darkknight757 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Thanks Liberator I really needed to hear that. 😊

I think I'll go to the assimilation this weekend to see about accounts and how many suckers get baptized then perhaps I'll just let the wife know that I can no longer support the meetings. Living a lie is such a personal crime and I just can't take it any longer.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

I wouldn't get too caught up in it. We're doing much the same. Nearly the identical situation.

Here's how we look at it. The sprinkling in attendance for us is not for anyone else or because I'm compelled to do so. It diffuses the situation.

Lastly, have fun with it while you're there!. Believe it or not there are things that you can say that will rattle those that pressure you where you can almost let them know I'm not buying this mess anymore but at the same time they can't pin it on you.

I'll give you an example I had happen not too long ago. A brother who is the type that is always putting on the guilt trip was gloating at how the organization is so exacting regarding the date of Jesus memorial.

I replied casually with..."you know I've always wondered how that works out given that us celebrating the memorial on the 23rd of March, would make it impossible for the Festival of Tabernacles, a holiday Jesus attended, be celebrated on the date commanded in Leviticus 23".

Now I've done a ton of research on this topic and so I'm rather certain of it all. There was no place he could go that I wasn't prepared for. The look on this brother's face when I said this...priceless. He wanted to lash out but I asked it in such a humble I don't understand way but with naming scriptures and pointing out this festival was clearly important to Jesus what could he say?

He replied with..."well I'm sure they have people a lot smarter than you and I at Bethel. I said well they certainly have the time for study since we forego college...what a blessing". See I took what he said and made a subtle dig that none of them are college educated.

I've gotten to the point now where it is just so easy to say things in a way that they can't pin anything on you but you can make them think...and think hard.

When you're armed with truth there's not much they can do in the pressure department. Just try to form it in the form of a question. Make a game out of it.

By the way this is not my tactic. I can't take credit for the "make a game out of it" mentality. Another ex'er told me this when I first awoke. It has been fantastic for me as I too get pretty bummed out with it all myself.

So have fun with it especially with those that take the hardline, pressuring you with guilt! It will actually give you a chuckle.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

What's kinda sad about all of this is I have fully explained why this organization is messed up over a period of probably 6 months.She fully knows TTATT but she refuses to do her own research to get it herself.

Same here, If I email her stuff on the org, she will look at it as long as its not from an apostate site. She knows thing are not quite as they seem, but she wont go against the org just in case, I could be wrong.

She doubts the organization as much as I do and she doesn't believe the bible to be inspired by God. It's all about the shunning. She doesn't want to lose contact with her fully in Mom and Dad. I get that.

Same mess, our parents are old and she doesn't want to upset them, leaving the cult is like turning your back on them. Extended family, what do you say to them? She is terrified of going any further down the rabbit hole. Fear has paralyzed her into doing her own research.

She will go off and on to the meeting, I was trying to go and play the long game but It just kills me, truly makes me sick when I hear the lies and manipulation they use to control these poor people, once you are fully awake, you cant causally suck on the tit without gagging.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    ...and lastly you should do whatever best fits your personal conscience. For me it is a means to an end to prevent any inquisition. However it can feel too like you're condoning things. it's a balancing act you have to sort out for yourself. You should be supported regardless of how you go about it as no one I mean NO ONE should have to go through any of it.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Thanks for the advise. Sitting through those meeting even though I am looking at other stuff while there is just enough to make my blood boil over. The fact that I'm dreaming about this crap at night is insane.

The sub conscience even hates that junk.

Trying to play games with people sounds fun and all but I don't think that's for me. I think the better option is just not to go. The brain can't take any more bleachings.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

...then that's exactly how you should handle it Dark.

for us and without outing myself our families are so deeply intertwined at the highest of levels of this thing it would create a title wave miles long. Just not an option for me so I do my best to find a way to deal with it all.

If not for that I'd be completely gone myself but alas I don't have that option so I make do.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Hadriel I have a lot, actually a ton of respect for what your doing seriously. I wish I had the mental fortitude to be able to stick it out. I hope one day you can be free from all this nonsense.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

LOL @Dark bro I'm not that tough. We're just trying to cope nothing more

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    However it can feel too like you're condoning things.

That is exactly what it amounts to, the more people sitting at the meeting the more it stifles those with doubts ability to wake up as they are lulled asleep again with the thought of the "all these people believe it too" mentality.

There will come a point where you cannot stomach being there any longer.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    That's exactly right Witness My Fury. I feel as though I'm a sharer with the Org by being there. Maybe some will question why an ex eltard suddenly stopped going to meetings and start to figure it out, leading to more dubbies leaving the hall. At this point since the new clam meeting it looks as if we are down 20% average attn. And that's with quite a few new suckers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit