Fidel Castro and the WT

by Hecce 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce

It seems like I had one of those senior moments and in my previous post confounded the celebration of July 26th, the start of the Revolution and August 13th which is Fidel's birthday.

He celebrated the later as defiant as ever with an open letter full of criticism of President Obama; same thing that he has done to every American President since Eisenhower.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Regular flights by commercial airlines are landing in Cuba, until now the only route to Cuba was Charters and it was quite expensive, about $500.00 RT; it seems that the price is down to about $210.00 RT.

With the gradual opening of the country I hope that the friends will be able to learn some of the very informative and truthful material about the WT.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Hecce, thank you for your post. Interesting.

I was told by my Cuban mother that JWs used to always wear white when preaching. VI

VI, I spoke to some Cubans and they told me the same thing but I did not believe that JW dressed in white and thought they were confusing with SDA or some other group. But the Cuban told me that they referred to JW as: 'patiblanco" because they dressed in white. So you confirmed what the Cubans said is true.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

He celebrated the later as defiant as ever with an open letter full of criticism of President Obama; same thing that he has done to every American President since Eisenhower.

It is well known that President Eisenhower had a JW past although never baptized. With that aside, it is also well known that Prime Minister Fidel Castro after winning the Cuban revolution came to the US for the purpose of meeting with Eisenhower and hopefully to be endorsed and accepted by DDE but Eisenhower slighted FC, not even showing up to meet with him, this justifiably made Dr. Castro, the proud man the he was, furious and offended and I am not surprised if President Castro took the actions against the US that he did for personal reasons besides the agendas that were later manifested-but who knows, maybe Eisenhower already knew that Castro would come with an offer he could not accept and there was no point in giving him any consideration or courtesy whatsoever.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Fisherman

You are right on, there is only one detail.

There is a religious group called "Bando evangelico de Gedeon" or Gideon's Evangelic Band. They were the ones dressing in an all white attire (males and females); the friends were called "batiblancos" not "patiblancos". The meaning of "batiblancos" was white robbed and "patiblancos" means white legged; the brothers were not dressed like that, the last thing that they wanted was to be easily identified by their appearance.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Fisherman

As far as President Eisenhower your recollection is correct ; Castro came to the States expecting to meet with the Head of State, the Vice President Richard Nixon was the one that met with him in an official capacity; this was an offense to Castro and the rest is history.

This is one of those historic ironies, the Eisenhower administration accelerated the triumph of Castro by imposing an arms embargo on the Batista Government. They lasted only 6 months after that, at the end it was the American Ambassador who told Batista that it was time to pack and he was gone three weeks after that.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"batiblancos" not "patiblancos"

Had to post this agin previous did not post through. WOW!! Thanks for the detail! I would have thought that pati, a commonly used Cuban slang prefix would best describe a white robed Cuban going around but bati is more descriptive I suppose. Thank you, much appreciated.!

• Hecce
    Hecce

Right on, the public confusion came about because these people were seen as preachers just like the JWs, but one again there was not white uniform for the witnesses.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Interesting thread.

And thanks for putting the September 8th 1960 Awake article up. From the last paragraph:

Observers everywhere will be interested to learn that God's Word foretells a coming all-out attack by the Soviet planners against the servants of Jehovah. (Dan. 11: 44, 45) This aggression by the Communist world~grabbers constitutes grounds for Almighty God's predicted destruction of international communism, "and there will be no helper for him." Designers of the Soviet master plan will learn the hard way: "Many are the plans in the heart of a man, but the counsel of Jehovah 'is what will stand."-Prov.19:21. 19

Yet another prediction made by the WT that failed.

Grief - even a broken clock can be accurate twice every day.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    wizzstick

Can you imagine the temerity of the Watchtower sending the brothers preaching door to door with that magazine in the second year of the Revolution; it is easy to say that the Witnesses were asking for "it".

The ones making the decisions were sitting in Brooklyn with the AC on and a nice steak in front of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit