Who has had most elders grilling them at one time ?

by Chook 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Mine is 5 at a private table

• smiddy
    smiddy

You must have been a bad boy Chook according to JW`s but a good boy according to the world.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

When I was a MS, 8 elders met with married couple in the back room.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sounds like an orgy was going on

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

groups of two when I was voicing my dissenting views , my jc comprised of 5 over 3 weekends including a separate group of four with the appeal plus the 2 original snitches were used to give witness testimonies in the original jc, quite heavy going I can tell you, still remember it very vividly it was late 1992 but its a lifetime away now.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Not me but in the congregation I was at a small group of youngsters had met up with others from various congregations in a booth at the convention site with some alleged "unwholesome" activities as a result. Initially 4 elders (2 from 2 congregations) but then accusations and more names came out, in the end 3 elders from each 4 congregations and 2 circuit overseers grilled about a dozen or so youngsters and their parents who were all accusing/protecting each other.

That was fun, none of them kids continued coming for very long and some of their parents left too.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Who has had most elders grilling them at one time ?

When they decided to have a talk with me about my homosexual tendencies they were 4. In their second attempt at having me confess that I am a flaming queen with better fashion sense than anyone in the congregation, they were 3.

When they wanted me to marry a lesbian sister so we can both forget about who we can choose to love and form a family with, they were 3.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

I had the entire body of 12 elders in my congregation call me into the back room once.

It turned out I had done nothing wrong. An elder who claimed to be of the anointed had a problem with me and was fabricating stories about me. He was the one who, as I've mentioned in previous points, later apologized to me the day before I left the Witnesses, admitting he had been orchestrating all types of problems for me over the years while pretending to be my friend.

To this day I don't know exactly why he singled me out, but he did use the word "jealous" in reference to me in his apology.

This meeting with the entire elder body had a humorous ending. The oldest elder on the body came up to me right after it was decided that there wasn't any real issue or need to counsel me.

This elderly man placed a hand on my shoulder and said to me: "David, I don't know what you did or why I am even here as I've lost most of my hearing and don't know what's going on. But I promise you that if you just apply the counsel the elders have just given you, everything will turn out right."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit