Free help to escape

by rebel8 4 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Because there are culty orgs licking their chops at the prospect of recruiting new members under the guise of "helping" cult victims, and I could not find a decent online resource of organizations that provide free help with the financial/job exit issues, I wanted to do a piece on safe resources.

Did I miss any?

The criteria for inclusion are:

• free
    • provides a service or financial help (no books)
    • can't be connected to any religion* or other cult-like organization

Thanks!

*Unless there are absolutely NO strings attached, no preaching, nada.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    When you can't discriminate against someone for their religion, and the chances of yielding to social pressure and returning to your old religion, why provide exit services? I'm starting to think that high control religions that keep losing lawsuits for mistreatment of their members should be required to provide exit funds in lieu of paying taxes. So let's say when you get disfellowshipped you have to be given $100 for every year you were in the religion. Look up some humanist associations.
  • steve2
    steve2
    SonoftheTrinity: A promising idea -kind of like an exit package. The cult, though, wouldn't want to make it too attractive/lucrative. On the other hand, receiving an exit package is tantamount to believing all the cult says about those who leave. I should imagine, too, some who leave would view any "payout" as "blood" money.
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    The one thing I respect about Islam is the money they pay you upon converting to offset the loss of support from leaving your previous community. It is honest, blatant, and it is what it is.
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    Weird. I could swear I posted a link to the resources page. Here goes: http://cultprevention.blogspot.com/p/help-to-escape.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit