Programmed to return

by hoser 8 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I found out this morning via Facebook that someone I know returned to “the truth”.

Her elder husband had abused her for years until she had a breakdown and had sex with a non believer. This happened several years ago.

She now returned to the fold with her newly converted man.

Disfellowshipping works! She couldn’t see her kids or grandkids so she returned.

Hopefully she is pimo.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

Is she returning to the same congregation? Was she reinstated?

• hoser
    hoser

The same city. She looks reinstated by the photos on her Facebook.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, you get those people that can't shake off the delusion and programming. Perhaps she's one of those sheeple type, perhaps not.

In any case she's female, so that's put her on the back foot in that patriarchal cult. She'll never have a truly happy life whilst associating with the Jobos.

Oh, well. Not my problem I guess.

• hoser
    hoser

I think some people are prone to being abused. Sad.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves
    I can see why she returned. You stated that she could not see her children or grandchildren. Not seeing her children and grandchildren was probably very difficult for her and something that she could not surpass. Jehovah Witness might have been the only people in her life prior to being disfellowshipped. Once she was disfellowshipped, she was probably isolated from the world. There was a man that was disfellowshipped in the congregation that I used to attend. A study wanted to speak to him after he was disfellowshipped but was told that she could not because he was not repentant. I didn't really understand why the study could not speak to him being that she was a study and not a Witness.
  • hoser
    hoser

The positive is that she has been exposed to this discussion group so I’m hoping for her sake she’s mentally out.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Those that have left and found that the truth is not any kind of tooth...probably can understand how silly this is.

But maybe for her found back in was about getting her family back.

Also as mentioned she could be left feeling worse than when she was in. Sometimes people need those little four walls 🔲 where they know exactly what is expected of them. THERE is where they exist... and OUT of it... THEY are no one. Stepping out of the barrier it’s not even a thought.

Hopefully she will get whatever she’s looking for.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There truly are those that no matter what happens, this is "the truth."

We have family that has been emotionally abused (from the Elders) countless times, over the years. We have watched it over and over and over again. THEY STILL BELIEVE THIS IS THE TRUTH! It's incredible to watch! They go back for more! They believe that it is Satan and these are "imperfect men." Did they ever once think it was a corrupt and abusive cult. THEY ACTUALLY GO BACK!! CRAZY!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit