Article: Passing the Time By Firing Back at Jehovah’s Witnesses — With Letters

by AndersonsInfo 6 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/arts/under-the-sun-why-a-local-woman-wants-to-nail-the-jehovahs-witnesses-11545704

Kayleigh had run out of postage stamps and was waiting for new ones to arrive. It was slowing her assault on a local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

She pointed to a stack of letters she’d already written to what she liked to call “the JWs.”

“These are ready to mail. I’ve got 16 letters written and 34 to go, but it’s only Tuesday. I’m way ahead.”

After she lost her waitressing job last year, Kayleigh contracted a nasty case of COVID. “I was bored, I couldn’t work, and my after-thingies kind of laid me out,” she said of the post-COVID vertigo and lung damage she’d been left with. “And then I got this JW letter in the mail and I knew my purpose in life.”

That purpose, she explained, was to do battle with people she thought were forcing their religion on her. Her former brother-in-law’s ex-wife used to be a Jehovah’s Witness, and back when they’d both been married to the Jones boys, she’d filled Kayleigh in on how things worked in that religion.

“They go door to door to preach, right?” she asked no one in particular. “But then the pandemic hit, and they couldn’t do that. So they started writing to people. I don’t mean like emails or texts. I mean, they wrote letters. To strangers. With a pen!” (Fact check: It's true.)

READ MORE: https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/arts/under-the-sun-why-a-local-woman-wants-to-nail-the-jehovahs-witnesses-11545704

• Ding
    Ding

I fear that letters sent in response won't be read unless they begin, "I would like to have a free home Bible study."

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

Have the Andersons sunk so low as to think that this article, about a woman wasting her time writing to JWs in some kind of revenge tantrum, is worth posting?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

An amusing thing to do if you are prepared to probably waste your time. Especially in this lady's case, as she will not have the required skills to write in such a way as to get past the JW Mind Controlled training that says " oops, opposer, chuck it in the bin".

JW's, because their minds are strictly controlled, are impervious to facts and evidence and truth. The only way to get through to them is on an emotional level, and that takes usually knowledge of the individual and what triggers them emotionally.

But emotion is all that attaches a JW to the Org and keeps them trapped inside, so Emotion is the only effective method.

• Studyover
    Studyover

Thank you for posting as I did find this interesting. The stand out for me was that the other neighbours' interest soon dwindled.....underlining that most people couldn't care less about these letters.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It probably won't have any effect, but I like that she's making the effort. If JWs get to send letters, so does she.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Nitty-Gritty - "Have the Andersons sunk so low as to think that this article, about a woman wasting her time writing to JWs in some kind of revenge tantrum, is worth posting?"

As far as I'm concerned, anything the Andersons have to say is worth posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit