Has any of the GB members ever had a job?

by Crazyguy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just wonder since that video about a child giving up his dreams of being a great musician do to competition . I had to give up all my dreams and now work in a very competitive industry just to get by. How many people not work in a competitive job? Any way any one know the answer ?

• sir82
    sir82

Most probably started out as pioneers, at least right out of high school, and thus likely worked at least part time.

Morris has 2 sons, he certainly wasn't a Bethelite nor even CO while they were growing up, he must have had a full-time job.

However, none have had to work for a living for a lo-o-o-ong time, at lest for decades. Well, Sanderson is fairly young, maybe he was working 10 years ago. But not the others.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Brother Deletion/Loesch used to be a waiter in his young years.

I'm sure that experience was very formative in helping him become a "servant" in the 0rganization. Ehem-ehem!

• fulano
    fulano

What is the relevance crazy guy?

• hoser
    hoser

Anthony Morris father is/was rich. Maybe daddy paid the bills

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Jackson quit school at 14 to become a mi-shun-ary

hoser: Anthony Morris father is/was rich. Maybe daddy paid the bills

Is Tony connected to the Phillip Morris family/empire?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I would imagine that being leaders of a cult is a full time job.

• oldskool
    oldskool
    • Samuel Herd began pioneering around the age of 23. By 1965, seven years later, he was in the CO/DO work. Room for odds jobs as a young guy, but no serious career.
    • Stephen Lett was 17 when he started to pioneer and 18 when he went to Bethel. Doubt there was much real world work.
    • David Spaine was 19 when he started to pioneer in 63'. Around 65/66' he attended gilead's 42nd class. Early 20's, not much career again.
    • Gerrit Losch Began pioneering at 20. His bio says he worked at a restaurant. In 63 started with CO/DO work.
    • Anthony Morris III had a more conventional life and probably had a career but his bio doesn't say what. He served in Vietnam. Got married in 1971 and raised children.
    • Mark Sanderson began to pioneer in 1983 and went to MTS in 1990. I cannot locate a date of birth for him, one reference says 1965. That means he was 18 as a pioneer. With the MTS, he probably was doing odd jobs. His bio doesn't say he is married or has kids
    • Geoffrey Jackson started pioneering at age 15 in Tasmania. He spent most of his time as a missionary.

The common theme is that with the exception of Morris, most of these men got involved full time with the JWs full time from their teens to early 20s and never looked back. By their mid 20s most had scored an "assignment", probably organizationally supposed during the boom years of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

I find it interesting. I knew a guy whose situation was similar to Sanderson. Remained single, attended MTS in the late 90s early 2k. I think he continues to work lousy part time gigs with the hope he will get a better assignment, but he never has. He was assigned to a congregation about an hour from the one where he grew up and has remained there the past 10+ years.

I know for a while he was trying to go to Gilead with his wife, who he married about 5 years post MTS. He really wanted to work at a branch, which he described to me as "resort like". Freudian slip!
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    I find it interesting. I knew a guy whose situation was similar to Sanderson. Remained single, attended MTS in the late 90s early 2k. I think he continues to work lousy part time gigs with the hope he will get a better assignment, but he never has.

Sanderson started partaking. This would be a common theme among the GB members, declaring themselves to be of the formerly-known-as faithful and discreet slave class or one of the anointed who now that they are in power have decided that only them, the self-sanctified seven, are the true faithful and discreet slave.

Someone should mention to that MTS grad he should had started partaking years ago, but maybe there's still time for him to get the with the program and start partaking, although, the current seven don't seem very excited to let anyone else in on the woman-haters-no-females-allowed faithful and discreet slave club.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit