Having It Both Ways

by Sea Breeze 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

1. When individuals leave the organization for conscience reasons, it is evidence that God is shepherding and protecting the flock by doing a sifting work. When people leave another Christian religion it is evidence that the religion is morally corrupt and unable or unwilling to provide spiritually for their members.

2. When a Christian from another denomination lies, he is acting according to his own disposition being from the father of the lie. When a Jehovah's Witness lies, he is proving his loyalty to Jehovah and fulfilling his sacred obligation to engage in spiritual warfare.

3. During times of rapid growth the organization claims this is evidence of Gods approval as he "speeds it up in his own time". During times of little or negative growth, the organization prints that this is evidence that the end is near because it appears that the harvest work is almost over and the waters are drying up.

4. When a Jehovah's Witness is martyred, it is seen as following Christs example and fulfillment of Scripture. When a Christian of another faith is martyred it is seen as a misguided, albeit admirable exercise in a form of faith but ultimately proving false to its Source.

4. When the organization prophesies falsely it is due to man's imperfection and an eagerness to see the new system. When another faith prophesies falsely it is proof that they are a false prophet in fulfillment of Christs words about the presence of many false prophets during the last days.

5. When other Christian faiths experience growth it is because the Devil is misleading the entire inhabited earth. When Jehovah's Witnesses experience growth it is undeniable evidence that Jesus is actively leading the organization.

6. When other religions are exposed as fraudulent and a menace to society and they lose certain privileges or status within a particular context, it is because God uses the governments as his executioner of justice. When the Jehovah's Witnesses are exposed as fraudulent and a menace to society and they lose certain privileges or status within a particular context, it is because Satan owns all the governments; else how could he have offered all of them to Jesus as a temptation?

7. When the Catholic Church engages in protecting Pedophile Priests by hushing up the matter it is evidence that they are the filthy Harlot. When Jehovah's Witnesses don't notify police of charges of child molestation it is because of their willingness to allow Jehovah to handle the matter in his due time; thereby displaying faith in the ultimate JUDGE.

8. Jehovah's Witnesses claim to have no clergy and hence are totally unlike Christendom's rulers who get special reverence and lord it over their brothers. When asked why the WT many times don't report criminal charges to the police they claim it is because it's a violation of the clergy/laity relationship.

9. When a Jehovah's Witness is unrepentant he is disfellowshipped, branded unfit for association. When the organization is unrepentant of its sins and people find it unfit for association and contentiously leave, it is because they are full of pride and refuse to wait on Jehovah.

10. When a Christian of another faith celebrates Mothers Day they are following ancient pagan practices and giving undue attention to someone. When Sisters wear a wedding ring which clearly has pagan origins and draws attention to her status, it is evidence of honoring the divinely inspired institution of marriage.

11. When a Jehovah's Witness defrauds another Witness, it may be brought before the elders for possible social sanction if guilty. When a Christian of another faith defrauds a Witness he is often times encouraged to sue the pants off him and squeeze him for every dime.

12. When other Churches support the UN it is evidence that the harlot is fornicating with the Wild Beast. When the organization officially agreed to support UN objectives it was because they needed "access to their library".

13. When a different faith-believing relative shuns their Jehovah's Witness family member, it is fulfillment of Christs prophecy concerning the breaking up of families when someone starts to believe in Christ. When a Jehovah's Witness shuns his different believing relatives, whether they believe in Christ or not, it is seen as an action necessary to keep oneself without spot from the world.

No matter what happens, every event in Jehovah's Witness life is seen as evidence that they have the truth and others will simply be destroyed by God.

Perhaps others can provide more examples of having it both ways. I'd argue it is their defining characteristic.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Or ...speaking with a forked tongue ....speaking out of both sides of their mouth .

• Biahi
    Biahi

Excellent post, Seabreeze! 👍🏻

• jhine
    jhine

All good points .

Do JWs know the scripture that says that Satan is the father of ALL lies, l wonder

As someone in a church with paid clergy l can testify that they don't " lord it " over people . In fact l always get the impression that JWs are much more scared of their Elders , Overseers etc than l am of my vicar, which I'm not .

Jan

• carla
    carla

Excellent post! I should just print this out and carry it with me when I get questions about jw, pretty much explains it all in a nutshell.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

dou·ble·think

/ˈdəbəlˌTHiNGk/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.

Definitions from Oxford Languages

George Orwell came up with Doublethink for his dystopian novel 1984. Sea Breeze just gave us 13 examples of it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JHINE:

Very good point! I was raised Roman Catholic and certainly was not afraid of the priests. I also didn’t get the sense they lorded it over anybody. In fact, they were friendly or helpful.

When I got involved with the JWs later on, I saw what you observed: that the people there were ‘in fear’ of the elders! What a contrast to my experience with the Church.

There is also something else I can attest to: when I was Catholic and sitting in the pews with the rest of the people, I was just the same as everybody else. I didn’t get the sense I had a ‘bulls eye’ target on me like I did in the JW religion..The JWs thought I was a ‘second class citizen’ there to do favors for Users.. It’s a good thing I had enough regard for my OWN welfare.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Jhine obviously never crossed paths with The Bishop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqG30j0FRW8

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

The organization is rife with double standards. The list of how this manifests is never ending.

When another religion teaches things that are untrue, that's evidence that it is a false religion. Which means they are worshipping Satan. Which means they will be destroyed in the great tribulation. LEAVE THIS RELIGION ASAP!!!

When JWs teach things that are untrue... the brother's are imperfect, but they are trying their best. The light gets brighter. DON'T LEAVE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

We should be deeply concerned about any facet of modern life that has its origin in occult and pagan practices, and take care to avoid it. It doesn't matter if nobody has associated it with the occult or paganism for thousands of years, you must stay away from it lest you allow Satan and his demons a way in!

Also, pay no attention to the fact that WT doctrine was originally based on the occultic practices of numerology and pyramidology. In fact, let's just keep this between us, ok? No need to scare away Bible studies by letting them know our true history.

• jhine
    jhine

Truth_b_known that's brilliant . He would definitely liven up any Evensong service

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit