Who is "the faithfully and discreet slave"?

by Counter-Watchtower 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

Ive asked my JW friends that 3 times and never got an answer.

And can someone explain the JW class system? And or point me to info on it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Who fucking cares. As I said, if you want JW info go to their website.

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower
    Who fucking cares. As I said, if you want JW info go to their website.

I only ask questions i cant find answers for on JW.org, and or to get the truth. Im sorry that upsets you.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

At the top are the "Governing Body" which are a group of a dozen men or less who are responsible for crafting the theology of the religion. They also write, dictate, or otherwise influence much of what appears in the WT literature and talk outlines.

Next are Branch Overseers that are responsible for running a Branch and managing the Organisation in their country or countries.

Below them are the Circuit Overseers who manage two or three dozen congregations by actually traveling to visit each one several times a year.

In each congregation there is a senior elder whom all the other elders in the congregation report to.

Then there are the elders who manage the congregation and do most of the talks.

Under them are the Ministerial Servants who do a lot of the busy work and fill in for Elders when one isn't available.

Next are the baptized males. Generally the one's pioneering are considered in the higher standing.

Under them are the baptized females.

Lowest on the totem poll are the Publishers.

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you. But it is by no means an exhaustive explanation of the intricacies of the JWs Organisation.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The "faithful and discreet slave" is simply a parable (story with a lesson) apparently told by Jesus...

It has NO modern day application...no matter what the Society tries to claim.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Here is a comparison I did of the "faithful & discreet slave" parable in the synoptic gospels (Luke, Mark, & Matthew). I'll let the reader decide how it compares with the WT's explanation of the parable.

The whole thread in the link is about this topic.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey @counter-watchtower, I've pulled up a PDF from jwfacts.com which summarizes the WT's doctrine of the Slave's identity over the years. Needless to say, as with many other critical teachings, this is yet another key one that has fluctuated somewhat:

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

Thank you all! Yes bobcat its very clear from comparing the Gospels that Jesus is referring to all believers. Who does Jesus call the faithful and discreet slave? Any believer that is following him :-)

• fokyc
  • Annon
    Annon

So it used to be thousands of people (All anointed on earth) then it became 7 (The GB) Somebody miscounted big time. So I would take any other numbers they come up with, with a large pinch of salt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit