It amazes me...

by punkofnice 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Frankly, considering how poorly qualified for administration many JW men are in general, it sometimes amazes me that congregations function at all. :smirk:
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Vid - Probably why the letters from the cult leaders to the elders are written for simpletons, nez pa?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ punk...

Just the letters to the elders? :smirk:

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Years ago, when I was a single sister with kids (among the lowest of the low in congregation rank), I remember going up to an elder's wife after the meeting to talk to her. I was all friendly, smiling, hello - how are you - and she POINTED* at me and said in this rude, commanding tone: "IT'S YOUR TURN TO CLEAN THE HALL TONIGHT!! Check the board, it's your book study's turn!"

There was no hello, no how are you, just this finger pointed at me and a command.

I knew then that I could never be friends with her. It was so disheartening, I never forgot the way that made me feel.

* ... and when I say she "pointed" her finger at me, I don't mean she just stuck her finger out slightly, it was a full, stick your arm out as far as you can, don't get any closer, invasion of the body snatchers, type of pointing at me. Most disconcerting.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Vidiot8 days ago@ punk...
    Just the letters to the elders? :smirk:

Point taken, Vid.

Muddy - What a vile old battle axe she must be. Well, at least Jehovah(tm) prefers those types to humble ones. Imagine eternity on paradise earth(tm) with that old cow?!?! I prefer eternal death.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Haha, Punk, you gave me a laugh. Thinking of her in those terms! hee hee hee

Hahahahaha!! LOL. Bwhahahaha! "... battle axe.... cow....!" Lmao.

I'd have never dared to think of anyone like that. Such sacrilege! Speaking abusively of glorious ones (or their wives!!) hahahaha.

I feel so naughty now, lol.

And the younger, idealistic, brainwashed, hurt young "sister" I was at the time, thanks you, too. :)

• Spiral
    Spiral

I just was confronted with this attitude again, "no matter how messed up the org is and all the problems, it's still the Truth (TM) and you have to stay loyal." This from an old friend (who doesn't know I've faded).

I wanted to say "do you HEAR the NONSENSE you are saying????

Oh, but that paragon of efficiency, GOD will fix it in his due time.

If I did my job like that I'd be fired, and this person would understand that. But they think it's okay for "God's organization" to be run like that and they need to "stay loyal".

Brainwashing at its finest.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Muddy - Good stuff

Spiral - You're so right

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...GOD will fix it in his due time..."

..to which I'm always tempted to reply, "How do you know that's not what's happening, now?" :smirk:

• blondie
    blondie
    At my husband's first elders meeting the newly selected PO said "It's my way or the highway" and all the other elders stayed silent, old and young. Hubbie changed congregations that month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit