Has anyone been outed by jw health care workers?

by purrpurr 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack
    Sharon was trying to save a human life not report a sin. For her efforts she was balck balled out of the medical profession for revealing confidential information.

She made a conscious decision to risk her job over her personal religious views. She may have thought she was "saving a life" but she was breaking the law, and by the way possibly ruining other peoples lives by her inability to do her job without meddling in people's affairs.

I would not only have reported it, but I would have sued her for everything she owned, and sued the medical facility for everything they owned. I am not a litigious person, but that breaks moral and ethical codes and is illegal.

As to whether Sharon deserved what she got would depend on where you stand on the abortion issue. But what she got crushed her, as to be a nurse was her hearts desire.

She got what she deserved, in fact she got off easy. I am so infuriated for the victim here who she reported. And this has nothing to do with where you stand on abortion.

If abortion was legal in her state, then this was a routine procedure, and if she is so bothered by the topic of abortion she has absolutely no business working in a place where she takes part in them in any way shape or form,even if its as simple as scheduling them.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hey Scully! I went back and read your entire essay. Excellent work!

I seem to remember a very similar article published in the Journal of Church and State several years back. Was this your article as well?

• just fine
    just fine

Don't tattle on other people or their personal decisions and you won't have anything to worry about. Sharon got what she deserved. JWs think everything that everyone does is their business.

• Scully
    Scully

Hi there, under the radar

Thanks for your kind words.

I seem to remember a very similar article published in the Journal of Church and State several years back. Was this your article as well?

No, that article was written by Kerry Louderback-Wood, but to be compared with her work is high praise. Thank you again.

Here is a link to her article if anyone is interested: http://ajwrb.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/blood-misrepresented-2005-kerry-louderback-wood-1.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit