My friends son just got disfellowshipped ?

by Chook 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

One of my very few jw friend rings ( he knows I’m an apostate ) and has chat about life, then he said I would be sad to here that his son has been DF , my response was it’s the best news I’ve heard all day. His family are first generation Jw of about 30 years in org. But the scales are falling as we speak, I use my most genuine persuasive arguments over months, his wife loved CoConscience. I asked him did he think his son was repentant to which he replied yes.

Then I reasoned that three window cleaners directed by god said otherwise and now your son has to endure a shaming process which will reflect how Jesus would have treated him. This young man who just got kicked out of cong was the only one regularly attending the meetings. I’m no prophet but I think I see a vision of another jw family not wanting to partake at the jw alter.

Im trying to get the family to see the treatment of son by other JWs will not reflect the spirit of Christianity. But the cognitive dissonance is still there . I hope they gather enough courage to hate this church.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

...then he said I would be sad to here that his son has been DF...

ha! sad?!! when I hear of anyone who is out of the cult for any reason it really brightens my day. Hope he doesnt go back and enjoys life on his own terms.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

yep..i was overjoyed when i heard my long lost son had been kicked out. That was 10 years ago. He ain't going back. We are now very close.

• steve2
    steve2

It’s a positive sign to be disfellowshipped. You just hope it doesn’t lead to the impact of emotional blackmailing so that the individual starts to obsess about going back.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

My dad once told me something similar about someone else, and I said that indeed, I was sad to see that him and his family had to go through such a trial. This will be a tremendous test on their family and hopefully they will be strong enough in taking a stand and not take part in the shunning that the son will have to endure.

This is a traumatic event and certainly can make me sad. However, out of extraordinary trials can come extraordinary results. Perhaps this is the first step to this person's freedom of conscience.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes, news of a disfellowshipping is good news to me too. I'm not a fan of tiptoeing around someone's Jehovah delusion as it's exasperating and exhausting and only seems to enablle their addiction not wean them off it.

It's good you keep persevering with ttatt chook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit