Governing Body Martyrs

by Alive! 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alive!
    Alive!

The early Apostles were always on the front line from scriptural accounts.

They led the ministry, enthusiastically speaking in high places, in market places to courts and kings relying on the 'power of the spirit' and constantly were in danger for their lives. They put their very souls at risk.

They promised that they did not circulate amongst the early disciples with clever 'smooth ' words but with works of power. They suffers, went without and earned their own keep.

As Christ's brothers - they did not stock up on assets, but it would seem, they lived hand to mouth.

Can anyone show me modern day GBs ( since Russells time) who have died from refusing blood transfusions and/ or obeying God rather than men?

Did any GB member turn up at the nazi camps and cry at the gates 'let my people go or let me suffer with them?'

• prologos
    prologos
    They are ruling now, yet Peter questioned that mentality. Rev. 20, for what it's worth, clearly limits the rulers in the future "heavens" to martyrs. so: only few among jws qualify in our lifetime, certainly not the sheltered sheiks , the wt leaders. yet. if ever. --overlapped died in their beds, so, overlappers, hope for a sharpened edge.
  • blondie
    blondie

The phrase "governing body" is not in the bible; it is a construct of the WTS.

Peter was executed.

Paul was executed

Stephen was executed.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

blondie31 minutes ago

The phrase "governing body" is not in the bible; it is a construct of the WTS.

Peter was executed.

Paul was executed

Stephen was executed.

Actually, all of the apostles [except for John whom took Mary as his mother] were murdered/executed quite brutally.

At least, that's what I'd read somewhere along the line

• sir82
    sir82
    Based on the looks of things, they are planning to martyr themselves via complications from obesity.
  • blondie
    blondie
    tty..........those were the ones I could immediately remember...no time to Google
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    Can anyone show me modern day GBs ( since Russells time) who have died from refusing blood transfusions and/ or obeying God rather than men?

The question that we should ask is if anyone on the Governing Body is truly anointed? There are many partaking today who proclaim to be anointed. The Governing Body partake the same as over 15,000 other of Jehovah's Witnesses.

What proof do they have that they, the seven, are God's chosen ones to lead God's Congregation?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pshhh.

The only kind of "martyrdom" the GB would be able to handle is having their dry-cleaning delivered late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit