Spain: A group of elder requires clarification to Ministry of Justice regarding sexual molestors

by sp74bb 40 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Letter sent today to the Ministry of Justice...

Spain Bethel sent a letter recently last Oct 3 interpreting that no elder or SM should request a Certificate of Sexual Offenses as other churches or persons in contact with kids. Again JW.org interprets the law to their behalf.

A group of Elders in Madrid has sent this letter to ask clarification !!

Translation here below...

===========

Ministry of Justice

Office for Relation with Confessions.

Madrid.

I contact with you as an elder and spokesman for a group of elders (or local pastors) of Jehovah's Witnesses. I practice from my childhood this religion and it gives me a Christian vision for my daily life.

The official entity in Spain, Christian Witnesses of Jehovah sends (via email, via the jw.org website, with maximum security protocols), instructions on the so-called judicial committees, protocols to handle cases of sexual abuse of children within local congregations and clear instructions on how we keep all information about these alleged crimes, instructions for members who have suffered harassment and how to report (in a peculiar way, trying not to leave traces or traceability) always at the national Spain headquarters of the Jehovah's Witnesses, in his office in Ajalvir.

On Oct 3rd, the headquarters in Spain sent the letter attached, clarifying that we should not apply for

Certificate of Sexual Offences

even if we have worship activities with children (meetings, teaching schools).

I am a spokesman for a group of elders from Madrid, we are very anxious for the publicity given on the thousand cases of sexual abuse in Australia (we always talk about our worship), and the research in the UK together with the information we are reading in different newspapers.

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/case-study/636f01a5-50db-4b59-a35e-a24ae07fb0ad/case-study-29,-july-2015,-sydney.aspx

We have found that the national headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses moved instructions in a particular language, but the final instructions are given to us in a particular school for Elders, and finally all legal responsibility finally seems only to be ours.

We know that the world headquarters has secret files with tens of thousands cases of child sexual abuse never reported.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/2119903.stm

As a minister of religion of Jehovah's Witnesses, dealing with childrens, should I apply for the certificate? What responsibility is ours on the unsigned letter (common in the instructions given to us via the jw.org ntranet, where all have an email account) issued by the Jehovah's Witnesses in Spain confession.

Faced with such a complex situation, soon will deposit in the register of the Ministry of Justice a copy of all instructions received during the past five years, also copies of digital media with all instructions. We will send this letter as well to Commissions of Justice and Home Affairs both in the Senate, and Congress of Deputies, and all documentation to members of the European Parliament.

Best regards.

Group of Elders of Jehovah's Witnesses in Madrid (Spain)

• freddo
    freddo

Fantastic news! It seems that some elders are breaking ranks in Spain.

Can you tell who this group of elders are? Is it one congregation, several? Or what? How many in the group?

I just hope that this is a sign things are beginning to unravel for the bastards in Brooklyn.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Where's the original in Spanish? Something fishy here.

• sir82
    sir82

Wait....so this group of elders sent a letter to Spain's ministry of justice, questioning whether their instructions from Bethel are valid?

And they are sending "confidential" Bethel communications to them?

Hoo-boy! There's suddenly going to be a lot of ex-elders in Spain.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Those elders are not following protocol. The GB have decreed that they should follow the GB's instructions over man. If they were to get in trouble w/ the law, then the GB have also declared that they will be on their own and acted on their own, so they protect Jehovah's the GB's name and money.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

In my line of business it is called CYA!!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi never a jw!

Where's the original in Spanish? Something fishy here.

Link to scan (English)

Link to scan (Spanish)

Link to scan

• sir82
    sir82

Trying to wrap my head around Madrid Bethel's reasoning about why registration is not needed....

"We don't have special classes for children....children are present at at all congregation activities just as much as adults are....therefore we do not have 'habitual contact with minors'...therefore no need to register..."

That makes even less sense than "overlapping generations".

Yes, I think the government in Madrid will be very interested to learn of Watchtower's planned non-compliance with the law.

• darkspilver
  • sp74bb
    sp74bb

Thanks darkspilver for sharing the docs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit