Do You Think Veterans Are Treated Fairly?

by minimus 9 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t think many people truly appreciate what veterans have done for their country. I believe they should be given the best health care over any other group. Members of Congress have phenomenal health care. Illegal aliens are given free health services. Very wealthy people have 100% coverage for their bodies.

But too often vets get very little attention. I think it’s better than it used to be but veterans should be prioritized in my opinion.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I agree with you about Veterans and how they deserve more.

• minimus
    minimus

Spend the government’s money on priorities. So many veterans become homeless or live in despair.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The homeless vets are suffering ptsd and drug alcohol problems i they hadn't served a lot of them would still be messes

My late brother in law served, got an education, atarted a new career while pulling a good retirement. Two friends got out, formed careers, raised families and did well.

Two workmates " served", bragging about whores, and whisky and how much work they avoided , then wheedled their way into VA benefits. They were sub par workers too.

Of the ww2 and korea vets the ones who actually saw combat were quiet, successful and genteel they mostly opposed the horseshit of Vietnam. One was a sniper, the other a paratrooper. The ones that did NOT get shot at or fire in anger were bigger flag wavers.

Dont forget the railroad workers, farmers and such that did a good job on the home front.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, there are plenty of groups that should be recognized for their service to the people.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Not all serve in the same capacity and obviously some service comes at a great cost. It takes an army of people to keep only a few fighting, those who take the ultimate risk will virtually never be the same and should be looked after. Lots of service people in the military, probably the majority, will never have to face a man in anger or put themselves in the line of fire. For some it’s a job that offers security and opportunity where there exits little.

I feel for those who have served and deserve much better, and generally speaking it seems Veterans form USA can get it pretty rough.

• Simon
    Simon

Here in Canada they gave $10m to a terrorist that killed a US medic, structuring the payment specifically to hide it from civil lawsuit from his victims widow.

Meanwhile, someone who lost their leg in service of their country wanted $30k for a prosthetic limb and Trudeau's government spent all they could fighting it in court.

The government programs for veterans are often under resourced and poorly run, obviously not a priority for the government. Many times there are food banks serving them run by private charities.

Priorities. All. Wrong.

People who have been injured in service should have the support of the country that asked them to make that sacrifice and they should be at the front of the queue compared to terrorist and illegal immigrants.

I think the US tends to give more respect for their service men and women from what I can tell.

• minimus
    minimus

Thank goodness we don’t have a draft any longer. Imagine being forced to fight for your country knowing that you may very well be maimed the rest of your life, and never being properly cared for?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I think our veterans would be treated better and there would be fewer military actions if everyone was required to serve in the military. In a free society, every citizen has the duty to serve as in both in military and constabulary service. We just lost our way and excuse ourselves from our duty by saying we pay taxes and its not our job.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Generally no.

No Vet should ever be homeless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit