NYC cart people

by lrkr 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lrkr
    lrkr

I recently started working on a project in Manhattan- in a very nice neighborhood. Just want to share a few observations on the cart witnesses in this area.

This is an area flush with Dinero. So every respectable non profit is out there hustling for donations. On any given day, an international nonprofit will accost you for money.

They have a great strategy. A big dude steps in front of you and in a very friendly tone asks you for your opinion on a significant issue. He steps aside, and a young lady closes the deal asking for money. All of the significant non profits are there. "Save the children" "greenpeace", etc, etc.

Then there are the jw cart witnesses. They stand there like statues next to their carts. Their faces range from boredom to "what the hell am I doing here".

My how times have changed. They look like they're hoping no one talks to them so they can just count their time and go home.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They're probably sitting there praying no apostate (or anyone for that matter) spots them and starts asking embarrassing questions.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

In one of my cities they are everything but bored. They are talking to each other and can't care less about any passersby. I actually passed by their cart three times back and forth and not a single one of them even noticed.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

What scratchme said, those carts just give them time to sit out there and run there mouths catching up on the latest KH gossip OR as I've noticed they're glued to their cellphones.

• ssn587
    ssn587

There were booth/cart people at the local flea market.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

irkr, where are you in Manhattan? We have some great apostates in Manhattan. I hope you get to meet a few.

• lrkr
    lrkr

I live outside the city. But am here most days. Would love to do a meet up.

Lol, today the bagpipe player is getting way more love than the cart jws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit