The World's End

by AnonVet 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• AnonVet
    AnonVet
    I just got done watching The World's End. Wow. Just substitute the "blanks" with "Witnesses" and it's spot on.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Never heard of it?

Can you share more info about the movie please? Actors, release date etc?

thanks. It sounds interesting!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    From 2013, bored me to tears.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There have been many other religious organizations that have made this announcement, usually there's literature proliferation connecting to these proclamations.

The preaching of the Gospel with the New Kingdom to come and mankind is living in the prophetic Last Days all together makes for some notably attractive bible based doctrines, even if they are not accurate interpretations of the bible's Scriptures.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Well, AnonVet, I guess you and I are the only ones that have the same type of humor. And I agree that the conformity of the 'Blanks" is eerily like becoming a JW.

For the rest of you out there:
    "The Worlds End" is a comedy science fiction movie about four school mates who are dragged back to their old village by the groups former leader, a self centered prick of a human, into reliving and completing the night they had a legendary pub crawl, hitting all the pubs around town, and ending at the "The World's End".
    While they are working out the facts that they are older, having mid life problems, and dealing with Gary, the leader, they start to realize that the village has now become taken over by lookalikes of the townspeople, ala' "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", and that's when things really get weird.

It's the last third of the 'Coronetto' Trilogy, directed by Edgar Wright and starring Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Rosamund Pike, and features Pierce Brosnan. The other two thirds of the trilogy are "Sean of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz".

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Didn't mind the film but was always wanting the TARDIS to suddenly materialize and for Dr Who to step out. Of course this never happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit