Thier new Bible translations funny Scripture and how stupid they are.

by Crazyguy 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    Rock & Roll and Blues... is there anything else?
  • jhine
    jhine
    Sorry , l got verses muddled up , in verse 3 it is Adonai but in verse 1 the Tetragrammaton is used . So it is Yahweh , Jehovah who appears to Abraham . Also as pointed out Yahweh appears to other people as well . So by using their beloved word Jehovah they have created a problem . As OFS points out the " angel " in question accepts Abraham bowing down to him .
    Diogenesister , thanks for that mental picture ! Not . Jan
  • talesin
    talesin

crazyguy - I live on campus, and end-of-term yard sales and freebies are legend in this neighbourhood.

One of my good 'finds' last summer - was a bible. The Complete Bible: An American Translation, Smith & Goodspeed.

It's leather-bound and the paper is beautiful. I saw it in the box and thought 'hmm, I don't have any Bible at home, in case I want to look something up (yes, it's online, but I love books and enjoy the tactile satisfaction that a good book provides). It was free, so "Yoink". It includes "The Apocrypha". I've leafed through it, has "Book of Maccabees" and others.

It seems to be an interesting translation.

Edit:
    Genesis 18

"The Lord appeared to him at the terebinth of Mamre, as he was sitting at the doorway of his tent ..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit