Thier new Bible translations funny Scripture and how stupid they are.

by Crazyguy 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If you go to their Bible at Genesis 18: starting at verse 3 you will read that Abraham sees Jehovah yep sees him, with a couple of other men (angel's) then talks to him about getting water to wash his feet. Then he runs to Sarah and talks to her about preparing food for Jehovah. So let me get this strait Abraham sees Jehovah face to face, Jehovah has feet and apparently likes to eat human food too. At least Christian Bibles use the word lord in lower case to signify that this maybe just a lesser deity or angel keeping it vague for the reader but not the oh so smart channels of Jehovah the GB. Too funny.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    What's the Hebrew word?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I'm sure the original hebrew word was Baal but hey no ones supposed to know this. Maybe El.
  • baker
  • jhine
    jhine
    I looked this up because it is interesting that the NWT uses Jehovah in verse 3 . My " Christian Bible " uses Lord , with a capital L . The Hebrew word is indeed Yhvh , Yahweh . All through the OT is is accepted that no one can see Yahweh and live . Jesus says that no one has seen the Father except the Son . . Now some of the Early Church Fathers argue that the answer to this puzzle is the Trinity . Abraham saw God the Son under the Oaks of Mamre . I should add that this was a long time before the Council at Nicea where the WT claims the idea of the Trinity was cooked up . Now even if you think that all this is codswallop it is strange that the NWT actually uses the very word , Jehovah , which agrees with early Trinitarian teaching ! Jan
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

The JDubya's have long tried to explain this away by saying it was only an angel representing Jehovah. Yet IF it was an angel and Abraham bowed down to him why didn't that angel have the same attitude that is claimed by the angel in Revelation 22: 9?

Maybe the angels got some nulite about letting people bow down to them?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

See Cofty! That thar lower case gits you Atheists in a world of trouble with the spell checker..but you still got rock n roll, the blues and you get to watch football on Sundays in your under crackers!!

https://www.facebook.com/BluegrassLife/videos/962083680507861/

LOL!

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Genesis 18 is part of what is called the 'Yahwist text'. Yahweh can be seen, make clothes, kill animals and needs to find people in that epic.

Verse 3 'Lord' ... the hebrew is Adoni.... However.... this is 'one of the 114 discrepencies... check out the footnote in the referance bible. The NWT and the RNWT believe YHWH belongs here.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I believe there are several texts where someone other then Moses sees God.
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Yes Jacob, Adam, Eve, Manoah etc.. The last three are Yahwist.. the Jacob fighting 'El' is Elohist and is a story made to explain 3 issues... The name Israel, Why Jews don;t eat a part of meat and also why Penuel was named.

I went through most of these issues the last 3 months on YT so they are still fresh...>>> Now for the WT

Yes actually and sadly JWs in the past felt the angel 'representing 'Jehovah was Jesus ... Jesus met abrham... etc... this is lost on present JWs though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit