Faith healing?

by Knowsnothing 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I haven't been on for quite some time, but I was wondering if you could dispel this for me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Nd2x8eRz0

There's also video of him in which a woman claims to have been visually impaired and was healed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJE4lV19dXY

Now, have any of you had experiences with faith healers? Does anybody have any additional info on this guy? I'm genuinely curious.

• A Ha
    A Ha

I don't know anything about this guy specifically, but he looks exactly like every other faith healer out there who preys on people. People with nebulous issues like "chronic back pain" can gain significant relief just from the placebo effect, only for the pain to return days later. For the more serious cases--people confined to wheelchairs or needing crutches--they're usually (always?) fakes planted in the crowd.

Charlatans like Benny Hinn can get caught defrauding people then turn up a year later and still rake in millions of dollars.

Show me a faith healer who can restore an amputated limb and I'll be impressed.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Before you get sucked in to any of these quacks (my personal opinion ) get a sworn statement from a qualified medical Practioner that the person claiming to be healed has in fact the condition they claim they are being healed of.

If you cant verif that the "healed" person has the affliction in the first place , why would you believe them on face value ?

These people prey on the gullible and those who WANT TO BELIEVE.

Con artists thrive on the vulnerability of persons who are looking for quick answers to complex problems.

And Religion is a great money making racket enslaving the bulk of mankind around the world.

Christianity alone has over 40,000 different sects all claiming they have the truth.Think of all the contributions $$$$$$ that each of these sects bring in each week , with hundreds ,thousands and even millions of followers donating their money each week , and that is only Christendoms religions.

• Chook
    Chook

Watchtower practices faith healing when they disfellowship our sorry arses for apostasy.

• cofty
    cofty

Get back to me when a "faith-healer" restores a limb of an amputee.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I agree with the rest; it's just nonsense. There isn't such thing as faith healing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit