Memorial preaching and invitation

by kaik 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kaik
    kaik

Today, I had a chat with my sister, about kids, mom, my problems, her problems. As I expected, she brought up the memorial. She asked me, if I will go, and of my answer was no. I did not want to go about the theology with her about it, because I think it is a shame because if anyone believes in Jesus's sacrifice, then everyone should be partaking, not only a few the chosen one from the pack of 144K. Next thing, I was subjected to the preaching of dogma in a rather hostile tone that irritated me. That Jesus died, so she can live in Paradise, and I have to survive Armageddon if I return or get resurrected after Armageddon, but with my demeanor, there won't be any survival or resurrection. For me.

Hence, I need to return to KH so the family will be back together. I said I do not see a purpose of it, because it sham. She told me that JW had changed a lot in 20 years, and it's not the same organization that I left. That it changes all the time. Which, I answered, "yes sis, you get this one right". So she got upset and told me that she depend on Jehovah, unlike me who trying to survive ongoing layoffs within the company, seems Jehovah is punishing me already. Now I am really pissed.

I left the call on friendly call, but now they will have TV, where the GB will greet its witnesses on the Memorial via web TV. Is this true?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit