Obey the governments...wait...DON'T obey the governments.

by Funchback 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Funchback
    Funchback

I was thinking about how they JWs are having underground meetings in Russia and other countries giving total disregard to the laws established by their local governments. Why? I assume they would pull the "we're followers of God, not men" card.

But then on JW . ORG they have this:

Two Children of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Expelled for Conscientious Stand, Return to School

...During their discussions, the branch representatives were aided by two letters from the Malawi government that they were able to show the school officials. One letter from 1997, actually addressed to Jehovah’s Witnesses in Malawi, gave formal recognition for Jehovah’s Witnesses to be exempt from singing the national anthem. The other letter, from 2017, encouraged educators to respect students’ freedom of religion.

I guess I'm just saying I find their tactics highly annoying. I picture them waving their papers and pointing at them saying, "See? It says right here that we have rights"!

But, when the government of Russia, for example, breaks up one of their banned meetings, they cry persecution.

So, they cry "persecution" by the locals because the government says they have a right not to sing the national anthem AND ecourages the educators to respect students' freedom of religion. And they cry "persecution" when a government bans their freedom of religion.

It's the same way the JWs view/use the media: It's true if it's favorable. It's false if it's critical.

Ok, rant over.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I remember talking with an elderly sister and she mentioned the days when the KH was segregated, blacks in the back or in the balcony there was no problem in obeying the government . I was so surprised to hear that she was told to sit in the back in Jehovahs organization..

• John Davis
    John Davis

I am in no way feel that Witnesses should do this if they are banned they should be banned. But in the US black slaves would escape from their slavery, which was against the law but would never have dreamed of breaking any other types of laws, where they wrong for breaking the law by escaping. Juries do it too where the will find someone not guilty of a law that they don't' believe is a just law even though the person did, in fact, break that law. So I can see why some people may break some laws that they feel is not right but otherwise, they are law abiding citizens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit