If God is all powerful why did it take six days

by James Mixon 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

You will crawl on your belly for the rest of your days, not really a punishment for

the snake. So funny.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Ricky Gervais is hilarious.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He did so in because he knew that one day man would write about what he did in a book.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    When Genesis was written the Jews were already observing the Sabbath, based on some Babylonian worship of the 7 visible planets giving every week 7 days or something like that , so god was written in as observing the Sabbath too. Very convenient. Some BS like that anyway IIRC, lol.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The bible: the goat herders guide to the universe...
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Freemindfade: That I must remember, "the goat herders guide to the universe".
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, once to start to question things there are a lot of bible stories that don't make sense. Like why did God need a flood to destroy mankind? Why couldn't he have just zapped them into oblivion, no need for an ark and to kill off all the dinosaurs, lol.

Or why did he create plants on the creative day before he created the sun? How did the plants survive with no chlorophyll?

• Simon
    Simon

Because god is a guy ... and he had to keep going back to the hardware store for stuff he forgot or messed up and needed to replace.

"One more planet ... one more planet ... dammit, too many planets, that galaxy is ruined. Shit, I have to go back to Home Depot ... AGAIN! I'm so pissed right now, I'm going to add some evil"

• prologos
    prologos
    It took so long because he had to respect the shelf life of things like stars that need billions of years to ripen, explode and spill their guts, stuff that he needed to keep working. With god a day is like billions of years,
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "If God is omnipotent (all powerful) why did he take six days (or six thousand years) to create everything? Why not speak everything into existence all at once?"

'Cause Yahweh's all about the drama.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit