JW driver dies transporting literature to Honduras 01/09/2016....disturbing comments by local elder!!

by krismalone 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Ough! What a way to go!

I don't get it! Jehovah's Witnesses claim that God can find and fix leaky roofs, deliver groceries to a needy Pioneer's front door....what did God have against this poor WT truck driver?

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    I wrote the "he man" by mistake hahaha...
  • Mandrake
    Mandrake
    Maybe the driver had some hidden sins or were reading apostate material... So he does not deserve any pity or compassion...
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Following is a raw translation of what the Elder said. I included some words in order to properly convey his words as he would say them in English. Some words are not translatable verbatim. Hope this lends some insight into this imbecilic Elder's state of mind and lack of sympathy for the driver's family.

"....100% our literature was burned up and we could not save any bibles or magazines and that is what we told our brothers and that is what we are finding out, it just happened so fast and we are here to see what we can do."

"Daily we utilize this literature and the interest of Jehovah's Organization is to spread the good news both nationally and internationally and that is precisely what this literature is for. So that the people can without cost to them obtain a bible, obtain a watchtower, obtain an awake, and that way they are able to find out what Jehovah's purpose is for this earth."

"(agreeing with reporter on high cost of loss) .....obviously yes, it's a great loss because of the great value which can't be calculated based on what the literature cost and the purpose of the literature and for that literature to be used to spread the good news of the kingdom on a national level....we were waiting for it, which is the distributing point from where it is further distributed nationally but it is very unfortunate that this order will not be able to make it."

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I've heard that Latino broadcasts can be graphic. That scene of a charred body would not do go well here in the U.S..
  • Mandrake
    Mandrake

Good translation tenacius! I was Waiting to et home to do the same! I think the elder didn't give a **** about the driver because he was coming from Guatemala, he probably didn't knew who he was (he was a witness for sure)...

and forget about compensations for the family of the man, that happened during "voluntary work" and probably "his fault" taking that curve so fast!

• steve2
    steve2

I don't get it! Jehovah's Witnesses claim that God can find and fix leaky roofs, deliver groceries to a needy Pioneer's front door....what did God have against this poor WT truck driver?

I plain don't understand religious people. They will say God does not prevent tragedies (Clearly a big thing to ask) but they will pray to Him to comfort them (Clearly the lesser thing to do).

Man, I'd be more impressed if He prevented tragedies in the first place then he wouldn't need to do the lesser of two deeds: Comfort those suffering.

• talesin
    talesin

To see English (or French, etc.) subtitles:

1. Click on the "Subtitles" icon that is at the bottom of the vid to turn subtitles on.

2. Click on the "Tools" icon, then select *Subtitles* from the menu to choose your language.

Here's Google's explanation, if you want more details. You can also use Google translate (steps in the link) if the vid does not already have subtitles, but it doesn't always work. I couldn't listen to a Russian one the other day. Hope that's helpful. xx t

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/100078?hl=en

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit