How many of your relatives have left the borg after you?

by Iamallcool 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool
    Any takers?
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Just about everyone in my family. At one point, my mom, dad, sister, ants, cousins, they were all out. I was the only one in... Then they got re-instated one after the other.

I find it interesting that all these people committed serious sins and now, they have some kind of a judgmental attitude towards me. I left on principals; I didn't agree with the teachings. I never divorced, cheated on my wife, or committed fornication. Never drove drunk or did illegal drugs. Yet, people who did such things, but were later re-instated believe they have the moral superiority to judge me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All of our kids. Although they were all at least PIMO even before we were.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My wife and I both lost our fathers over the blood issue. Hers was only 48 and mine was only studying with the JW's at the time and their untimely deaths occurred shortly before the"blood fractions" change occurred. This change surely would have saved my Father and possibly would have made it possible for my wife's father to receive the Chemo treatment he needed had his blood not been to weak to make it possible. That's when the curtain began to fall and eventually our 2 sons and one JW girlfriend and one daughter in law left at relatively the same time. We were all born in, active and in good standing JW's who were fully on board.

2 of my wife's born in sisters and 3 of her born in cousins left of their own accord. One of them left after her JW husband cheated on her with a sister in their congregation . Her x husband is back in but she is heavily shunned. She is happily married to a very honorable fellow and they have 3 kids now yet her Uber JW Elder/Pioneer parents have never met them...don't want to.

One of my own sisters and her born in husband left and my other sister and her born in husband and their kids are PIMO. My only brother and his wife are still in because they're heavily connected in a business and social way. He knows it's a hoax but won't face it because he enjoys the social network in a big way as does his wife. She's foreign and became a JW as a teen. She makes comments that show she doesn't understand or get the sense of the religion in the same way those of us from western counties do.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

My wife and I both lost our fathers over the blood issue. Hers was only 48 and mine was only studying with the JW's at the time and their untimely deaths occurred shortly before the"blood fractions" change occurred. This change surely would have saved my Father and possibly would have made it possible for my wife's father to receive the Chemo treatment he needed had his blood not been to weak to make it possible.

Wow that's terrible. I'm sorry for your loss.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Wow that's terrible. I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you...yes it was terrible. Blood loss is not a pleasant way to go and it was completely unnecessary in my fathers case. He was in a modern hospital with all the equipment necessary to have saved him if only he hadn't been convinced to sign the "no blood" papers put in front of him.

The irony is that my Wife's Father was an American and he was an Elder and a life long JW. He knew what he was doing. He traveled to the bloodless surgery clinic in California that was set up especially to treat JW's. They were unable to boost his blood count in time to save him but at least he got to try something to save himself. But my kindly gentle hard working Father was a foreigner with no family in this country to call him to his senses. He never quite adjusted to living here and was only "studying" the Bible Literature with the JW's because my late Mother (also a foreigner) had become indoctrinated decades before and he wanted live forever in the "new system" with her the rest of us. The only thing he knew about blood transfusions was what he learned during those "studies" (indoctrination sessions). After he died we were assured by the Elders that since he had led an exemplary life and had died upholding Jehovah's laws, we'd most assuredly be seeing him again soon in the resurrection. Nevertheless, they couldn't allow us to hold his memorial at the Kingdom Hall because he was not a baptized JW.

(sorry to hijack this post. I've told my story here before but it's been quite some time ago. I always hope someone lurking (such as a current JW) might be saved from a similar fate or maybe someone at Headquarters will read it and be able to somehow make a change in this deadly and tragic misapplication of the scriptures)

• James Brown
    James Brown

Mother, Sister, Brother, Brother in law, Sisters in law.

I still have some brothers and sister in laws in deep. They will never get out or know what to do with themselves if they did.

• hybridous
    hybridous

NONE -

It's been quite the disappointment for me.

Sometimes, folks who have been in the cult for years and devoted to it - they do eventually leave...and they say not to give up hope.

I waffle between getting free of expectations and continuing to labor under some vague 'hope'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit