Therapists business is booming thanks to jw's

by nowwhat? 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

My wife has been a just " goes through the motions" jw all her life. And once in while she will see a therapist to vent. Well she finally mentioned one her reasons for stress was being a witness and the therapist said she understands because she has had many clients are witnesses! But I thought we were the happiest people on earth! What does that tell you?!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I know several sisters who had depression all the time. Now I realize this is all the cult effect.

• new boy
    new boy

The society has said. “The Christian witnesses of Jehovah are the best oriented, happiest and most contended group of people on the face of the Earth. So why on Earth would any good follower need the help of a mental health professional?” The society tells about the evils of seeking help from outside their organization.

"As a rule, for a Christian to go to a worldly psychiatrist is an admission of defeat. It amounts to 'going down to Egypt for help' - Isaiah 31:1. ...Also, more and more psychiatrists are resorting to hypnosis which is a demonic form of worldly wisdom." Awake! 1960 March 8 p. 27

“Often when a Witness of Jehovah goes to a psychiatrist, the psychiatrist will try to persuade him that his troubles are caused by his religion, entirely overlooking the fact that the Christian witnesses of Jehovah are the best oriented, happiest and most contended group of people on the face of the Earth. They have the least need for psychiatrists. Also, more and more psychiatrists are resorting to hypnosis, which is a demonic form of worldly wisdom.” Awake! 1954

Why would the society not want their mentally distressed followers see a psychiatrist? Because they are concerned for the welfare and health of their disciples? No, they don’t care if you are about ready to blow your brains out, because your parents and Aunt Rose are going to die at Armageddon.

What are they worried about then? They state it very clearly. “The psychiatrist will try to persuade him that his troubles are caused by his religion”

Wow, they don’t even blink an eye do they?

What if this is true? What if your whack job of a religion is creating the grief and distress in your life!

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

About 20 years ago the wife of a good friend pulled me aside and questioned my evident disrepair and suggested that I should talk to a professional, her female intuition could see right through me. "We don't share our problems with those guys" I replied, " No, no, this guy is good" she said, "he's that one all the elders go to". Oh, just what I needed to hear.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Lmbo, "the one that all the elders go to!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit