Did anybody call 'child services'? 🤔😏

by Nathan R. Koppe 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan R. Koppe
    Nathan R. Koppe

Now, JW's and children if you don't do what Jehovah (organisation) says, this is what will happen to you....

Did anybody call 'child services'? 🤔😏

• blondie
    blondie

I called Child Services because I saw a sister repeatedly on many occasions take her daughter back into the women's restroom and beat her with a spoon. Left welts and bruises. (I had contacts with Child Services because of my job). They investigated and took all her children away from her and charged her. The jws were so upset and said it wasn't true and it was persecution. I said, "I guess you are blind and deaf, because you saw her beat her child. Perhaps the elders should beat the publishers when they are bad." Her children became the wards of their non-jw grandmother. The mother continued to say that beating was okay per the bible. She did not get her children back.

More than jws are afraid to report a "friend" or family member. But then they don't say they have the only true religion and only they show real Christian love. Did Jesus beat any of his followers or even hit them with a wooden spoon?

• zeb
    zeb

one cong had a back room and one mother would take her kid into that we would hear whack, whack, cry-- and she would come out a bit later. It became known as ******* crying room.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

blondie

We had a sister in our old hall that was notorious for beating her kids with a wooden spoon for some of the most ridiculous things. I think I was in my early 20's when one time, she took her 6 month old baby back and beat it with the spoon. When my mom found out she walked up to that sister, asked her for her spoon and proceeded to slap her right across her face! It was glorious! My mom then told her if she ever sees her with that spoon she would and I quote, "beat the living shit out of her." Not a single elder tried to interfere

• Prester John
    Prester John

I got beaten regularly both at home and at the meetings, as did many other kids. It was the way it was, unfortunately.

I thought I had dealt with the past and moved on, but when my own children came along so did a lot of repressed memories. Still dealing with those.

• benny
    benny

Have a look at the you tube vid with Jeffrey Jackson, GB member, answering questions on child abuse policies and corporal punishment to Australian Royal comission.. It has been out for quite a while in case you hav 'nt seen it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I've come to suspect that calling the WTS out on its insistence on following so-called "Biblical" policies - which are nevertheless immoral, unethical, and just plain retarded - might just be the most effective means of discrediting them...

...after all, when following disciplinary policies leads to injury (or even fucking death), how can anyone with half a brain feel compelled to defend their "religious rights"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit