What are your thoughts on Animal testing?

by JimmyYoung 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I just watched the Netflix movie The animal people. Although I don't really agree in general with any eco or the like terrorists, watching the hidden cam video of the way these animals were treated was just sick. Anyone see this or the like movies?

• Simon
    Simon

I think there is a role in the development of medicines and vaccines but it should be very controlled and limited.

Testing beauty products on animals should absolutely be criminal.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I agree. If its for saving human lives then fine but then only under rigid controls. As humane as possible. But the documentary had under cover video of Beagle puppies being beaten and slapped and thrown like rag dolls. Monkeys being cut and vivisection's done without any anesthesia. Usually I am against the far left eco and PETA nuts. They go too far many times. But after watching the under cover video I was behind the movement. I was a hunter and have several trophy's on my wall. I don't hunt now just because it does not bring me the same joy it used to. But I always tried to kill the animal fast. I always ate the meat if at all possible. I did have one hog that was full of pin worms and I just could not do it. Its illegal to have dog fights and yet its OK to treat these dogs and cats like this. It was brutal and I grew up on a farm and had killing season when we harvested turkey and chickens ect.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

@JimmyYoung

The PETA types have no balance, hunters usually kill humanely, looking after the environment and animal conservation isn’t necessarily at odds with killing animals.

I couldn’t watch the type of unnecessary cruelty you described.

We have had scandal in Australia recently with the revelation of race horses been slaughtered here in shocking numbers

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I would never join or support PETA, I have talked with some people who were in the group and they were way over the line to the point many felt humans need to go away and leave earth to the animals. But what I saw in that doc. would almost make me join a radical group. I really would not but that was so maddening. If you treated an animal the way they did in public you would be arrested.

• lancelink
    lancelink

The movie you mention is on Netflix, and I watched it tonight.

Being a Humane Investigator, I deal with abusers quite often. (Dogs, cats, horses, cows, sheep and pigs) This show in my opinion was based on young adults not thinking, and then suddenly acting like rational adults in order to promote their viewpoint.

If you are against abuse of any kind, be civil in your protest / complaints. Threatening people, and families, causing property damage, and acting like the silent Nazi arm of the peta organization turns people off. I totally agree with the protestors anger toward animal abuse, but their methods of accomplishing their mission turned me off right away.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

An then there is Halal slaughter.

RB

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Animals have rights and should never be cruelly treated. But in the field of medicine, drugs have to be tested to save human lives. I can remember the thalidomide scandal when a rogue drug caused untold suffering.

If rats and mice have to be sacrificed in order to find a vaccine for Covid 19, I will not object

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

JY - I'm 100% behind the comments agreeing with properly controlled use of animals for medical research.

I also feel that more severe punishments should be imposed on any so-called human who deliberately makes an animal suffer. For scum like that, I wish karma was a fact!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit